Supreme Court

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What definitive result do you want from leaving the EU? We are going to leave.
I want a prosperous country.

I have no problem whatsoever with leaving the EU - there are many benefits in doing so. Being in charge of our own destiny being the biggest one.

Of course we are going to leave. Another thing I want is for it to be done properly and within the law of England.

Jan 30, 2008
The Judges are not there to be in touch or out of touch. It is a decision that needs to be made because although the people have spoken, this is about whether the Government or Parliament makes the decision as to when to invoke Article 50. The Supreme Court Judges are there because they know about the law! They are not there to decide whether article 50 is invoked, their sole task, as I understand it, is to decide who invokes it, in order to make sure it is all done right according to British law (Sovereignty!!!!)
The British public bassically evoked article 50 by voting to leave the EU and the government of the day are the one's to administer it without interference ?
regards
DR

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The Judges are not there to be in touch or out of touch. It is a decision that needs to be made because although the people have spoken, this is about whether the Government or Parliament makes the decision as to when to invoke Article 50. The Supreme Court Judges are there because they know about the law! They are not there to decide whether article 50 is invoked, their sole task, as I understand it, is to decide who invokes it, in order to make sure it is all done right according to British law (Sovereignty!!!!)

Hopefully they will uncover that originally we purchased a fake ticket in 1973 and say we are free to go,when we like.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's clearly the Remainers trying to put a spanner in the works and try to get concessions on Brexit. I know 'officially' it's about triggering Brexit, but it makes no difference who or how it's triggered. It's a disgrace and an affront to democracy.

I hold the completely opposite view. It is very far from being an affront to democracy. It is making sure that the will of the people is implemented properly ACCORDING TO BRITISH LAW!

Is it ironic that Sovereignty only matters to Brexiters when it suits them?

Jan 30, 2008
I want a prosperous country.

I have no problem whatsoever with leaving the EU - there are many benefits in doing so. Being in charge of our own destiny being the biggest one.

Of course we are going to leave. Another thing I want is for it to be done properly and within the law of England.
So what are you scared of
regards
DR

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
so you'll be happy to see the back of the EU then
regards
DR
Marginally happy. I like the concept of the EU but not the implementation. I'd rather the concept remained but the implementation was different.

Very happy with the fact we will be in charge of our destiny and not have to rely on ( for example ) Belgium regional councils refraining from scuppering international trade deals.

There is no universal truth as to whether leaving will be for the better. I trust that 60 million minds will make a better decision than just the one.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The British public bassically evoked article 50 by voting to leave the EU and the government of the day are the one's to administer it without interference ?
regards
DR

I think you might find it is a bit more complicated than that. If Article 50 had already been invoked, the EU would probably be after getting it all sorted out as quickly as possible. Nothing, but nothing can happen until article 50 is invoked.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Hopefully they will uncover that originally we purchased a fake ticket in 1973 and say we are free to go,when we like.

If we purchased a fake ticket, somebody should be done for fraud.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I think you might find it is a bit more complicated than that. If Article 50 had already been invoked, the EU would probably be after getting it all sorted out as quickly as possible. Nothing, but nothing can happen until article 50 is invoked.

It will be invoked though. Are you one of these people who are relishing this attempt at usurping the will of the winning side in the referendum? You come across as such.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The referendum was held to appease opponents of the EU a generation of which had been denied any choice as to whether to belong to it. And don't forget Mr Corbyn (and traditional trades unions) who was a lifelong opponent of the EU up until the last minute.

The only people Cameron was concerned about were his own party and it was all about leadership & direction. He was not rally trying to give them a choice he was trying to prove they were out of step. He of course was wrong. Had he had a crystal ball he would not have made the offer. He realised his mistake and that is why he f****d off when he lost.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It will be invoked though. Are you one of these people who are relishing this attempt at usurping the will of the winning side in the referendum? You come across as such.

No I am not. I am a Remainer but accept the result of the referendum. If it is going to be done, it needs to be done properly.

The thing I feel most strongly about at the moment is all the cr@p that has been directed at the Supreme Court Judges by the Daily Mail and others, which goes against very strong views on the independent judiciary. They are doing their job, which is to be experts on the law.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The only people Cameron was concerned about were his own party and it was all about leadership & direction. He was not rally trying to give them a choice he was trying to prove they were out of step. He of course was wrong. Had he had a crystal ball he would not have made the offer. He realised his mistake and that is why he f****d off when he lost.

why have the other 600 odd MPs not resigned then? they all mass debated this pathetic shambles that's happening and passed an ACT (law?) or are they waiting for another vote to BOOT them out..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports