Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters bar open

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
WORST CASE SCENARIO

Me: "Yeah our supporters bar is called Dick's Bar because of Dick Knight"
Opposition fan: "It's called Dick's Bar? You love DICKS, you're a gayer"
Me: "No I don't. I love f***ing beautiful £100 million pound stadiums in my town for my team that are better than yours. Now f*** off"

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
I think those of you 'moaning at the moaners' and saying we've had a sense of humour failure have missed the point a bit. I've got no sexuality issues and I don't give a shit what opposition fans think of us, but I'm prepared to bet that a sizeable number of them won't go "Ah Dick's Bar, named after their old chairman Dick Knight. Nope nothing remotely funny about that."

Again, not a problem, like I said I don't give shit what they think. But some people on here often moan about the homophobic abuse from opposition fans and wish they could think of something else to chant. I would argue that having a bar called "Dick's" is if anything going to encourage that, as I bet that for every away fan who smiles at the witty post-modern irony another 100 will guffaw loudly at having had their prejudices re-enforced. I don't mind the homophobia, but if you want to stop it this is hardly a step in the right direction.

Yep. And its not the first time. Remember the pink (when viewed from a distance) shirts with the NOBO sponsor in 90-91. I got untold grief wearing that. It's not an issue with me. Live and let live and all that but it does seem sometimes to set themselves up for unnecessary ridicule.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

She always looked all WOMAN to me...

77892.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yep. And its not the first time. Remember the pink (when viewed from a distance) shirts with the NOBO sponsor in 90-91. I got untold grief wearing that. It's not an issue with me. Live and let live and all that but it does seem sometimes to set themselves up for unnecessary ridicule.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here