Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters' bar/beer/drinks update 2

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Met Elliott Moore, catering manager, at Falmer today. Our new stadium is awesome. As he showed me round i had tears in my eyes. 14 years.... But that's not the point of this post: I promised a beer update and here it is. Coincidentally someone has posted a preview of the signage in the kiosks - Dark Star have not been in to put their logo on yet, don't worry, they are well and truly in there :) The prices are on that thread - £3.60 and £3.80 for the main pints - not too bad.

Concourse bars are big, service will be quick. I saw the storage cellar for the real ale. It's HUGE. We aren't going to run out! Wastage will be minimal: very soon they will have a good idea of volume needed, he says. Makes sense, since in the main the same people will be there each game!

As predicted the range of beers apart from the real ales is that of the Heineken/Fosters portfolio, and Elliott says that all those beers will be available all round the ground, in bottles when not on draught (see below) Guinness WILL be available, even though it's not a Heineken/Fosters product, because they recognise it's more popular and can't compete with Murphy's - it won't be on the advertising boards but will be available in bottles on the concourses, as will the other lager brands (Tiger etc.)

For premium cider fans it'll be Symonds. Pepsi not Coke. Coffee/tea will be the normal instant stuff on the concourses (makes sense) but in the supporters' bar and hospitality there will be proper baristo machines.

Concourse bars: draught beers will be Dark Star/ Harveys/ Fosters/Kronenbourg/Strongbow (as per pic in other thread minus the Dark Star bit)
Supporters' bar and hospitality: Heineken and Amstel plus the real ales.
We will now have 4 handpumps in the supporters' bar, Elliott has agreed to have some of the away fans' local beer in too :) More can be added...
Food on the concourses looks good: I saw Thai green curry advertised up there along with hot dogs and 3 different pies.
25% of everything sold goes direct to the club, he said, and he specifically mentioned the playing budget...another reason to eat and drink ourselves silly :)

The supporters' bar looks bigger than the 250 capacity, but I'm sure will look different when the furniture is in. Martin Perry is thoroughly Ok with the idea of gigs/DJ sessions there after games, logistics need working out (not too early, not too late) I'm sure between us we can sort out an interesting mix of styles for post match entertainment! Local legends The Piranhas have asked to play after the first match, seems very fitting to me :)

We've been asked for thoughts on the kind of food we'd like to see in the supporters' bar. Suggestions please....

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Thanks Atills that is excellent. As for food on the supporters bar, given that it needs to be portable Baguettes and Paninnis along side regular footie fayre, pies & burgers would be good

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
"Concourse bars: draught beers will be Dark Star/ Harveys/ Fosters/Kronenbourg/Strongbow (as per pic in other thread minus the Dark Star bit)
Supporters' bar and hospitality: Heineken and Amstel plus the real ales."

"Guinness WILL be available"

"For premium cider fans it'll be Symonds. Pepsi not Coke. Coffee/tea will be the normal instant stuff on the concourses (makes sense) but in the supporters' bar and hospitality there will be proper baristo machines. "

Throw in the wine options on the other thread, and there is LITERALLY something for everyone.

Anyone who moans because their preferred beer isn't there is a tool. That is quite simply going to be the greatest range of alcohol available at ANY ground in the UK.

Well done all. :clap:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
"Concourse bars: draught beers will be Dark Star/ Harveys/ Fosters/Kronenbourg/Strongbow (as per pic in other thread minus the Dark Star bit)
Supporters' bar and hospitality: Heineken and Amstel plus the real ales."

"Guinness WILL be available"

"For premium cider fans it'll be Symonds. Pepsi not Coke. Coffee/tea will be the normal instant stuff on the concourses (makes sense) but in the supporters' bar and hospitality there will be proper baristo machines. "

Throw in the wine options on the other thread, and there is LITERALLY something for everyone.

Anyone who moans because their preferred beer isn't there is a tool. That is quite simply going to be the greatest range of alcohol available at ANY ground in the UK.

Well done all. :clap:

Decent-ish prices, but dissapointed Heineken on tap is only available in the supporters bar. Not a fan of Fosters/Kronenbourg. Guess I'm a tool :facepalm:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Decent-ish prices, but dissapointed Heineken on tap is only available in the supporters bar. Not a fan of Fosters/Kronenbourg. Guess I'm a tool :facepalm:

This. Fosters is OK but Kronenbourg is pretty horrid.
Glad Heineken will be available in bottles though, means I can have a cheeky small bottle even if i'm driving.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Is hog roast realistic?

I f***ing LOVE a nice bit of hot pig and stuffing in a baguette or bap but it seems to be one of those things reserved for big and busy outdoor events like Lewes on bonfire night or a local festival. I guess its the sort of thing that doesn't keep, in that you need to buy an entire pig and shift the lot of it in a day to make it worthwhile BUT when you're talking about 20,000+ people on a matchday surely the demand would be sufficient to get a big juicy oinker or two in

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A bit strange that Heineken is not on tap in the concourses instead of Kronenbourg, but i'll be drinking Dark Star anyway.

Is hog roast realistic?

I f***ing LOVE a nice bit of hot pig and stuffing in a baguette or bap but it seems to be one of those things reserved for big and busy outdoor events like Lewes on bonfire night or a local festival. I guess its the sort of thing that doesn't keep, in that you need to buy an entire pig and shift the lot of it in a day to make it worthwhile BUT when you're talking about 20,000+ people on a matchday surely the demand would be sufficient to get a big juicy oinker or two in
The pork and stuffing baguettes that were available all last season at Withdean were excellent.

Not as good as John Ham's pig roasts at Lewes, obviously, but excellent, nevertheless.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
STRONGBOW!!!! :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here