Supergrass split.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
According to the BBC website, Supergrass have split up.

That old chestnut 'musical differences' apparently.

Top notch band who released 6 quality albums, and a string of brilliant singles unlikely to be matched by any of the current crop of bands.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Yeah but the singer had well flair sideburns and the drummer was the partner of some MILFy norf london type who was mates wiv kate moss. Oh, and they had one half-hit fifteen years ago. How VERY dare you! :lol:

There was some story in the tabloids a few years ago about drummer, Danny Goffey and his partner involved in a bit of swapping with Jude Law & sadie Frost

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One of those embarrassing ones where you go "Oh....I'd assumed you had split up years ago anyway..."

Did a few alright songs.

Wealth differences probably do for a lot of bands really.
The writer can, and will afford to sit around for longer than the others, who need to tour to pay their mortgages and bills.

It takes a special band to get past that stumbling block.
Ferinstance The WHO were a bit different in that they'd tour just to sort out the finances of one member who was skint. Just as well, because otherwise we'd not have ever seen them on a stage since 1972

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Mick has just finished a tour with his new venture, so I'm sure that they're all pulling in their own directions. I know someone who works with the band. He said that Supergrass were due to start work on their new album which didn't exactly tie in well with all the promo work that Danny and Gaz were putting into Hot Rats.

It's a shame they've gone, but their last album was gash, the worst of the six by a country mile.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports