Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] SuperBowl 50, **** Official couldn't give a toss about it thread ****

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
That will all change in an hour or so, they will need something else to do in between all the stopping and starting.

Expect posts full of " awesome , Wowzer and amazeballs " to follow :D

I say, jolly good show, what!

1066gull

The Champions League Final is the most watched annual sporting event, ahead of the Super Bowl.

Two points about having a half time show in the CL:

1. It's a FOOTBALL match not a CONCERT, people put it on to watch the FOOTBALL
2. Half time is only 15 minutes, rather than 4 hours or whatever ridiculous amount of time they have in the Super Bowl.

In my opinion of course.

I think the Superbowl is watched by more people globally than the Champions League. But that's because there is a ridiculous amount of people living in North America. Than add the global audience of Europe, South America and Asia combined and I think the Superbowl beats the Champions League final but the CL is definitely growing. Not sure now how it will do this year now that it is completely on subscription channels in most European countries.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think the Superbowl is watched by more people globally than the Champions League. But that's because there is a ridiculous amount of people living in North America. Than add the global audience of Europe, South America and Asia combined and I think the Superbowl beats the Champions League final but the CL is definitely growing. Not sure now how it will do this year now that it is completely on subscription channels in most European countries.

I am sure BT Sport said the CL Final will be free to view

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Carolina Panthers......never heard of them, a new made up team I presume? A bit like MK Dons or Crystal Palace 2010?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Carolina Panthers......never heard of them, a new made up team I presume? A bit like MK Dons or Crystal Palace 2010?

No, have been in existence for 21 years. Have been a bit crap for most of that time but that is the nature of the NFL and their draft system, every dog has its day eventually!

1066gull

No, have been in existence for 21 years. Have been a bit crap for most of that time but that is the nature of the NFL and their draft system, every dog has its day eventually!

A bit like Leicester City....

I saw a group of Nigerians on Twitter discovering the correct pronunciation was "Leic-Ster" and not "Lei-Ces-ter" hahaha. :lol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

No, the Champions League Final is the most watched sporting event.

http://www.vocativ.com/news/198079/the-super-bowl-is-no-match-for-the-uefa-champions-league/

It makes sense when you think about just how many people like football (the proper version), compared to those who are interested in American Football (the crappy version). It has gained a bit of traction in the UK in recent years but I think that's fairly exclusive.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
uploadfromtaptalk1454915016331.jpg

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
There is one thing I love about Stupidbowl. Its starts after I have gone to bed and by the time the alarm goes off, its all done and dusted. Overrated, over hyped sport played by men in motorbike helmets, who stop play every few seconds, continually bumping into each and who appear to have consumed too many steroids.

Had I had issue's with sleeping, the H/T entertainment (sic) would have taken care of all. The posh boy dullards of Coldplay would have guaranteed sleep in a short time.

Who won?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So, did someone win?
or is it still going on?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So, did someone win?
or is it still going on?
The last 10 minutes of game time took about an hour. IMO it's a decent sport ruined by commercials etc.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Could be a good sport. Isn't because ratio of play to all the other gubbins is frankly insane. Imagine football if you got 10 seconds of play then about 25 minutes of analysis. Would be horrific.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I haven't gone out of my way to avoid the news, but its just occurred to me that I have no idea who won, nor what the score was?
And this despite getting a PM from @Not_Andy_Naylor from the press box during the game

And I still don't care :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here