[News] Super injunction business man named in Parliament

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Was relatively easy to work out (for me) which is why I don't understand he went to all the bother.

If you read the judgement it mentions a lot of the information being in the public domain already.

There has been a book out for a few months which has all sort of allegations about him. I was thinking of buying it.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Hopefully he loses his knighthood now, should have happened 2 years ago

I was genuine surprised that it was still in place.

I wonder if he's recently made any political donations (with other people's money)?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Lawyers for the, ahem, well-liked and respected owner of a chain of sports retailers and a northern football club sent a letter to newspapers today ordering any speculation about him being the mystery man to cease. He could have waited a little while and saved his money.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I worked on a project that installed the IT into his new 'Lionheart' boat. The money he spent given BHS pensioners were screwed over by him was obsecene.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Must be something to do with the name.The massive twunt that ruined Carillion was a Phil Green,as well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
was one of two i thought this would be.

I worked on a project that installed the IT into his new 'Lionheart' boat. The money he spent given BHS pensioners were screwed over
by him was obsecene.

he gave £300 million injection to the BHS pension. much was made about whether he sold the business to avoid liability in the first place, end of the pension was dragging the business down and he put up the money in the end.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lawyers for the, ahem, well-liked and respected owner of a chain of sports retailers and a northern football club sent a letter to newspapers today ordering any speculation about him being the mystery man to cease. He could have waited a little while and saved his money.

He was the first name on my teamsheet to be fair. Not sure why as I think he's been more than generous and humble during his time in charge of a football club that I will not name.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So does that mean that we're now allowed to say on here that we think he's a **** (rhymes with devious underhand financial stunt), and a pretty nasty and greedy one to boot, without fear of reprisal (or of a sharp warning from Bozza)?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
So does that mean that we're now allowed to say on here that we think he's a **** (rhymes with devious underhand financial stunt), and a pretty nasty and greedy one to boot, without fear of reprisal (or of a sharp warning from Bozza)?

I may well be wrong but, I’d guess it’s now ok to say he is the person who sought the injunction but that’s about it. Discussing what he’s accused of, beyond what was actually said under parliamentary privelidge, is still not acceptable legally.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Good for you Peter Hain.

Though I can see why constitutionally it's a bit awkward to have MP's revealing super injunctions in parliament. Presumably there was a sound legal process (albiet a well financed one) which was followed by the Court of Appeal. In this instance nobody cares as Green blatantly had it coming to him. But next time the injunction may to stop someone who doesn't deserve to be libelled, being libelled ...... and anyone in Parliament for any reason of their choosing can defeat it. It doesn't totally sit right with me.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
was one of two i thought this would be.

he gave £300 million injection to the BHS pension. much was made about whether he sold the business to avoid liability in the first place, end of the pension was dragging the business down and he put up the money in the end.
Only because he was forced to do so.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Cant quite make up my mind if it is right that a court order can be overturned by like this. Sure ok in this case but sure many innocent people have used courts to protect there name from crap journalism

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Good for you Peter Hain.

Though I can see why constitutionally it's a bit awkward to have MP's revealing super injunctions in parliament. Presumably there was a sound legal process (albiet a well financed one) which was followed by the Court of Appeal. In this instance nobody cares as Green blatantly had it coming to him. But next time the injunction may to stop someone who doesn't deserve to be libelled, being libelled ...... and anyone in Parliament for any reason of their choosing can defeat it. It doesn't totally sit right with me.

Wasn't any chance of libel, there isn't a criminal court case and this wasn't a super injunction.

MPs were appalled at the alleged misuse of Non Disclosure Agreements which in my opinion is very much of public interest. The law will be changed no doubt.

There is huge sensitivity surrounding them at the moment because of the Weinstein case.

Not related to this case and I'm not an expert, but you are currently allowed to put things in them are completely unenforceable under law.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not related to this case and I'm not an expert, but you are currently allowed to put things in them are completely unenforceable under law.

i dont believe in UK NDA trump law, i.e. if you have witnessed a crime and told not to discuss under NDA, the NDA is unenforceable. what you can do is make a settlement make that subject to NDA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here