Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Super Furry Animals new album

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Just thought I'd let you all know I downloaded this yesterday and have listened to it this morning and it is top notch, if you ar elost for tunes to download off Kazaa then go for this, best thing I've heard in ages. Out next week to buy I tihnk if you don't have Kazaa.

:thumbsup:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
On a similar theme has anyone bought the new album by the darkness - aparently they played at Glastonbury and were very good? or was that just a scuroulous rumour started at the pub last night...:rolleyes:

Shall check out the SFA new album too - thanks for the tip!

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
The Darkness, are the best band this country has seen in 10 years. their album is the best ive bough in ages, i cant stop listening to it!

saw them live a guifest 2 weeks ago, they were quality!

go buy it kids.........

I was at Glastonbury, but opte for seeing Radiohead at the time SFA were on. Couple of my mates went and said they were top notch.

On the point of the Darkness. I saw them at Glasto. I thought they were very funny, but I couldn't take them as a serious band. As someone that hates Queen, I tended to look on them as Mercury & Co. p*sstake. On that basis they were very good.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I've got the Darkness on at the moment. They're great. And SFA have long been the best band in Britain... never a less-than-superb album, although my favourite is Mwng, which is entirely in Welsh.

Van der Gully

Jul 10, 2003
Brunssum, NL
Thanks for the advice on the Super Furries, never seen them live but would love to do so.

Last CD I bought was Dial M for Monkey by Bonobo, believe they may be a Brighton group, it is brilliant, can see it getting some serious air time on my Hi-Fi this summer, suits the hot weather perfectly.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Mr Popkins said:
The Darkness, are the best band this country has seen in 10 years. their album is the best ive bough in ages, i cant stop listening to it!

saw them live a guifest 2 weeks ago, they were quality!

go buy it kids.........

I've been looking out for Darkness album since Guilfest, but they went off the shelves in my local Tescos faster than a top fueller at Santa Pod!!!

:clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Van der Gully said:
Thanks for the advice on the Super Furries, never seen them live but would love to do so.

Last CD I bought was Dial M for Monkey by Bonobo, believe they may be a Brighton group, it is brilliant, can see it getting some serious air time on my Hi-Fi this summer, suits the hot weather perfectly.

bonobo is a brighton dj- check out the first album- raped by tv ads but absloute quality

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Have to say I've now been listening to the supe rfurries all week so far and it has got better and better, I tihnk I'll go as far as to say its their best album to date, which isn't bad seeing as they have all been pretty bloody good.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Funnily enough the Super Furries biggest selling album in America was the Welsh language album, Mwng.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
If you download the album and enjoyed it , make sure you buy it! SFA are one of the few contemporary acts worth lashing out on. Can't wait for the tour to get underway. Did you see that picture of them dressed in Yeti outfits? Classic.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I already bought golden retriever on single, plus I will definitely buy the album when it comes out. I always buy albums I like even though I have downloaded them, I feel it is only right, its a great tool to stop you form buying shite. Plus I have all their othe ralbums anyway so I need to complete the collection.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
what version of the b-sides album has everyone got. I gotit as a present but didn't get the limited edition one, gutted i was.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Yeah i didn't get the limite dedition one either.....again it was a present. My sister bought it for me then a week later sge bought the limited edition one for herself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here