Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Super Bowl LVII - Kansas City Chiefs v Philadelphia Eagles **Official Match Thread**

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's the big game tonight at 23:30 according to the USA the greatest live sporting event, they appear to forget about Olympics and Football World Cups but hey ho.

Will Mahomes live up to his MVP status ?

Rihanna bags the legendary half-time show.

See it live on ITV or Sky Sports

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's the big game tonight at 23:30 according to the USA the greatest live sporting event, they appear to forget about Olympics and Football World Cups but hey ho.
It's a great event, but comparing it to the football WC is beyond laughable. It's not even close to as big as the CL final.

I'd like to watch the Superbowl, but the time isn't handy for us Brits.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Haven't watched one for a while but I'm WFH tomorrow so might just let Mrs Jakarta go to bed and then see how long I can hold out.

Used to be a huge NFL Fan, even went across the pond to see a Dolphins game back in the early 1990's but lost interest over the years.

KC Chiefs were always rubbish back in the day!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Used to watch the channel 4 Sunday night highlights years ago and this led to watching a season of the London Monarchs but have no idea even if some of the teams or franchises are in the same cities anymore.

Might record this as it’s been a while

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If the Bears ever get there again I’ll be pulling an all nighter, but that’s not going to happen for a good few years. Team good night’s sleep tonight though will be willing on Mahomes and the Chiefs in my dreams because I really can’t have the Eagles winning anything this weekend

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Great spectacle and one of the only sports I watch every week (other than the mighty BHA).

Normally watch the Super Bowl but work priorities tomorrow, mean I might not. Not bothered about either team (sorry @Publius Ovidius )….. Think Philly will win comfortably, particularly as Mahomes is currently carrying a knock. They have been the best team in the league IMO.

If Cincy had won at Burrowhead I would have stayed up…..

Jul 7, 2003
Both QBs are playing through injury so could come down to whose injury impacts them less.

Hard to want the Chiefs to win as a divisional rival but the Eagles are a team I have never warmed to - maybe it is the name!

Having had the chance to watch Mahomes play live, he is so talented although this season his decision making has been a bit more inconsistent.

Will watch the start of the game and then watch the recording in the morning.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Used to watch the channel 4 Sunday night highlights years ago and this led to watching a season of the London Monarchs but have no idea even if some of the teams or franchises are in the same cities anymore.

Might record this as it’s been a while
Same here. That highlights show was great but evidenced the key flaw for me. Watching a full game is just a bit tedious with no flow and too stop start. The days when I showed interest involved the likes of Montana, Marino, Elway and the Bears team featuring the refrigerator and Walter Payton.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Having dated a Houstonian girl for over 5 years and subsequently blessed/saddled with supporting the Texans (like the Albion, it's clearly an underdog thing for me), I love the Americana that goes along with the game itself.

Especially enjoy the commercials when companies really push the boat out in terms of budgets and celebs.

Here's a few of this year's personal favourites.
You can see a few more here:
https://www.cnet.com/culture/sports...mercials-before-the-big-game-best-ads-so-far/

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
As a Chiefs fan (I supported them in the pre-Mahomes era I promise!) I am really looking forward to this game. Both strong sides with young, talented QBs, Andy Reid going up against his old team…should make for a real classic.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I believe my employer has an advert for the first time this year. Not gone down well given the cost, layoffs and share price & bonus structure has taken a hammering recently …

Both QBs are playing through injury so could come down to whose injury impacts them less.

Hard to want the Chiefs to win as a divisional rival but the Eagles are a team I have never warmed to - maybe it is the name!

Having had the chance to watch Mahomes play live, he is so talented although this season his decision making has been a bit more inconsistent.

Will watch the start of the game and then watch the recording in the morning.
Completely agree re the QB injuries having an impact - especially Mahomes' given he's playing at a point where a high ankle sprain wouldn't be fully healed for another two weeks.

Expecting a high octane and high scoring game similar to the Eagles' last SB appearance. Think the overall well-rounded aspect of Philly's defence will outweigh the Mahomes X-Factor for the Chiefs.

Eagles by 6

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Eagles to receive the ball

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
TD Eagles

0-7

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
11 plays, 75 yards. Fast start by the Eagles to draw first blood.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Chiefs respond

7-7

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They've started? Shit, I'll put it on.

Who do I want to win and why?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Both teams score with their opening possessions.

Could be a high-scoring classic in the making.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here