Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sunderland tinpottery

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
They have also given newcastles tickets in their HOME end imagine if we had to give up the north for palace or liverpool gave up the kop for man utd what are they thinking
They also incorrectly categorised the tie as a league 1 meeting on the tickets

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
View attachment 172247

Anyone who doesn't see a problem with this doesn't get football
In fairness it’s a badly explained piece of journalism with lots of assumption eg that non local readers know the difference in spelling of a made up word between cities as Bozza put it. And that the bar is normally the main home one rather than just the away one (thank you for explaining btw)

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Most embarrassing? Let me introduce you to Reading:

Oh, but you see, I quite like this song. Admittedly, I did attend Bundesliga games regularly for nearly 15 years and got quite used to this sort of thing. It’s a 'club hymn' as they say over there, and it’s certain that someone from Reading's marketing people will have experienced the same and decided "it’s time". It’s actually a pretty good stab at a German-style hymn but i can see how it seems culturally awkward here.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I wonder (in Sunderlands defence) if they have done this to stop and potential issues with Newcastle fans causing damage?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
In fairness it’s a badly explained piece of journalism with lots of assumption eg that non local readers know the difference in spelling of a made up word between cities as Bozza put it. And that the bar is normally the main home one rather than just the away one (thank you for explaining btw)
It wasn't @Bozza...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They have also given newcastles tickets in their HOME end imagine if we had to give up the north for palace or liverpool gave up the kop for man utd what are they thinking
We did the same for Portsmouth in 1984 - gave them the north. It was utterly embarrassing.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
They’ve got to get buses there and back or else they lose all of their loyalty points. Fans being ticked off by name there and back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here