Sunderland offer

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Still think he will get injured regularly. Players are quicker and sharper at that level and therefore Buckley will have to ' push off ' even more rapidly, to try and gain an advantage. He will overstride even more and bang...the hamstrings will keep going. Pitches play a part but his is a physical problem i.e his stride pattern. His body is too upright and his stride is too long to begin with.

fair enough, i was just trying to think why Poyet may think he can overcome the injury problems especially as he'll know Buckley well

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Referring to Footslodier's comment, there are sadly few examples of us "selling upwards" in recent years and his list (including Sidwell) is longer than it strictly should be. That said the performances of those we have sold historically are not a guarantee for the performances of those we might sell in future.

Last edited:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
fair enough, i was just trying to think why Poyet may think he can overcome the injury problems especially as he'll know Buckley well

The same reason that women marry drunkards and adulterers. They think they'll change them.

They won't and neither will Gus. He may as well get a Stannah lift installed in the players tunnel now.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
These player swap deals never happen do they, when is the last time a deal like that completed?

I don't think they happen anymore because it's fairly insulting to one of the parties in question.

Hello Mr (insert name) we'd just like to inform you that we've come to an arrangement with (insert club) were by we're swapping you with another player. But because both parties have deemed that you're nowhere near as good as the incoming footballer we're offering a wedge of cash to get rid of you as well.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
I didnt think he was ever ours to sell as we had him on loan. When we tried to buy him he chose Reading as Coppell had taken over as manager there by then

Sidwell went to Reading in January 2003 and Coppell didn't go there until the start of the next season but you are right we only had him on loan, i was just teasing Footsoldier. I remember a burnley friend being particularly peeved as he scored two for us against them in december and then scored 2 more against burnley again playing for reading a few weeks later

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Only facts at the moment are.. Barnes and El Abd out..no one in for the first team squad...over two thirds of the month gone..Is it going to be a last day cliffhanger?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stand back and await the flaming but is it possible that financing the new academy has pushed TB to the limit that he can afford or is prepared to put into the club at the moment, every body has their limit so we have to sell te replace wjth better players as Is usual in most clubs

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Great. Because Jim White is a legend on deadline day and I can just hear him saying now........" now over to the Amex for some breaking transfer news" Q pictures of utterly stupid fans jostling to try and get their ugly mugs on TV in the dark.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stand back and await the flaming , but is it posible that in financing the academy TB has reached the limit that he can afford or is prepared to put into the club at the moment and like most clubs we have to sell to replace with better players to progress, Everybody irrespective of wealth have their limits.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Stand back and await the flaming , but is it posible that in financing the academy TB has reached the limit that he can afford or is prepared to put into the club at the moment and like most clubs we have to sell to replace with better players to progress, Everybody irrespective of wealth have their limits.

Could be BG. The potential sale of Liam seems to be crucial to our bringing the players we need in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I'd think that is very possible.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

It could be he wants the club to try and stand on its own two feet regarding the playing front , sell a few to buy a few. FFP will limit how much he can put into the club each year.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I won't hear a bad word said about Tony Bloom but I won't pretend that the lack of any real inward action on the transfer front is anything other than incredibly frustrating. I hope that the club are not expecting CMS, Hoskins and Obika to save the day with their lack of first team action this season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Quite possibly and that makes it even more of a shame that we have wasted some of the transfer budget (in terms of wages) on loan players that haven't been selected (Lita) and signings that have a reputation for being injury prone (Agustein).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It could be he wants the club to try and stand on its own two feet regarding the playing front , sell a few to buy a few. FFP will limit how much he can put into the club each year.

Is FFP being used as an excuse, only a few know the truth , but I agree thst generally the club should be self Sufficient but it is stii frustrating seeing others signIng players with or without consideration of FFP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports