Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
MY EMAIL TO THE SUNDAY TIMES LAST NIGHT

Sent: 06 May 2012 18:13
To: sportletters@sunday-times.co.uk
Subject: Archer & Stanley

The Sunday Times really could not have made a more offensive howler in its 2012 Sports Rich list than include Archer and Stanley amongst the Championship Club owners.

These two individuals, along with a failed LibDem MP for Eastbourne, were solely responsible for the plight Brighton & Hove Albion found itself in in 1996/97. Thankfully, it was rescued from these two by Dick Knight, who in turn handed the reins to Tony Bloom, the current owner and the man who has built the magnificent Amex Stadium.

Archer and Stanley (and the MP) are swear words in Sussex. Please correct your error in the near future, perhaps with a retrospective investigation into how the sale and demolition of the club's former home led directly to the appalling fortunes these two odious individuals appear to have ammassed in your Rich List.

Yours etc...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
***Breaking News***

Archer and Bellotti are back after buying Brighton & Hove Albion from its previous owner Tony Bloom.

:cries:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
MY EMAIL TO THE SUNDAY TIMES LAST NIGHT

Sent: 06 May 2012 18:13
To: sportletters@sunday-times.co.uk
Subject: Archer & Stanley

The Sunday Times really could not have made a more offensive howler in its 2012 Sports Rich list than include Archer and Stanley amongst the Championship Club owners.

These two individuals, along with a failed LibDem MP for Eastbourne, were solely responsible for the plight Brighton & Hove Albion found itself in in 1996/97. Thankfully, it was rescued from these two by Dick Knight, who in turn handed the reins to Tony Bloom, the current owner and the man who has built the magnificent Amex Stadium.

Archer and Stanley (and the MP) are swear words in Sussex. Please correct your error in the near future, perhaps with a retrospective investigation into how the sale and demolition of the club's former home led directly to the appalling fortunes these two odious individuals appear to have ammassed in your Rich List.

Yours etc...
Well done Barry...just about sums up every Albion fans feelings.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I thought you might be interested in the reply recieved today from the editor

To: me @yahoo.co.uk
Cc: my brother @bbc.co.uk
Sent: Friday, 11 May 2012, 13:19
Subject: The Sunday Times Sport Rich List table of football club owners

Dear Barry [sic]

I note your upset over the past ownership of Brighton and Hove Albion FC in your email letter sent earlier this week.

Bill Archer and Greg Stanley appear in the 2012 Sunday Times Sport Rich List table of football club owners because it includes past and present owners who are among Britain's richest 1,000 people, as stated next to the table where they appear. Tony Bloom, who took control of Brighton in 2009, has a fortune worth £50m and will appear in the extended list of Britain's richest 2,000 on Sunday at thesundaytimes.co.uk/richlist
You will see the profile of Tony Bloom in our extended Rich List coverage on Sunday includes all the details of the latest developments at Brighton under his ownership.
Best regards
Ian

Ian Coxon
Editor, The Sunday Times Rich List

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I thought you might be interested in the reply recieved today from the editor

To: me @yahoo.co.uk
Cc: my brother @bbc.co.uk
Sent: Friday, 11 May 2012, 13:19
Subject: The Sunday Times Sport Rich List table of football club owners

Dear Barry [sic]

I note your upset over the past ownership of Brighton and Hove Albion FC in your email letter sent earlier this week.

Bill Archer and Greg Stanley appear in the 2012 Sunday Times Sport Rich List table of football club owners because it includes past and present owners who are among Britain's richest 1,000 people, as stated next to the table where they appear. Tony Bloom, who took control of Brighton in 2009, has a fortune worth £50m and will appear in the extended list of Britain's richest 2,000 on Sunday at thesundaytimes.co.uk/richlist
You will see the profile of Tony Bloom in our extended Rich List coverage on Sunday includes all the details of the latest developments at Brighton under his ownership.
Best regards
Ian

Ian Coxon
Editor, The Sunday Times Rich List

Apart from the over £100m he has invested in the club alone!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here