Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday Times Sport Rich List 2011

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Sunday Times Football Rich List...

... shows the Albion in third and sixth place in the line-up of League One's Richest Owners.

That is, Bill Archer (3rd) and Greg Stanley (6th).

Makes you wonder why we all bothered sometimes.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Sunday Times Sport Rich List - Doh!

Under club owners, they list Bill Archer (Brighton & Hove Albion) and Greg Stanley, but not Tony Bloom. Archer's wealth is estimated at £125m (despite Focus DIY's financial troubles), Stanley's at £115m.

Their disclaimer is that the list includes "former shareholders who may have made hefty profits on a club or stakes sale" - hence the appearance of Alan Sugar in the Premier League list.

I know that Tony Bloom will be very happy not to be included (he was delighted at his non-appearance last year), but what an insult. Most of the list is compiled on guesswork and by work-experience people, so it's not really worth getting steamed up about, but even so ...

Last edited:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Never mind all this.
Get your boots on and get up to BHASVIC!
Bloody journos.
Anything to fill a column.
I'd change jobs if I was you.
Ah.....!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Under club owners, they list Bill Archer (Brighton & Hove Albion) and Greg Stanley, but not Tony Bloom. Archer's wealth is estimated at £125m (despite Focus DIY's financial troubles), Stanley's at £115m.

Their disclaimer is that the list includes "former shareholders who may have made hefty profits on a club or stakes sale" - hence the appearance of Alan Sugar in the Premier League list.

I know that Tony Bloom will be very happy not to be included (he was delighted at his non-appearance last year), but what an insult. Most of the list is compiled on guesswork and by work-experience people, so it's not really worth getting steamed up about, but even so ...

How often does one of Murdoch's rags get it's facts right ?

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
Anyone seen this yet? Turn to Page 13-Richest in football-then dispose of list immediately. Why oh Why have they listed in League One Rich List at 3= and at 6th Archer and Stanley as connected to B&HA! They cover themselves by saying in small print that the list includes includes former directors and shareholders who may have made hefty profits on a club or stake sale or may have sold to halt a drain on their fortunes.But this was 14 years ago so why include them-we don't want any connection at all. Idiots who look at this without knowing the full story will think we are loaded and clubs will bump up fees. I'm sorry but this has made my blood boil!!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Anyone seen this yet? Turn to Page 13-Richest in football-then dispose of list immediately. Why oh Why have they listed in League One Rich List at 3= and at 6th Archer and Stanley as connected to B&HA! They cover themselves by saying in small print that the list includes includes former directors and shareholders who may have made hefty profits on a club or stake sale or may have sold to halt a drain on their fortunes.But this was 14 years ago so why include them-we don't want any connection at all. Idiots who look at this without knowing the full story will think we are loaded and clubs will bump up fees. I'm sorry but this has made my blood boil!!

Check the page for previous threads before you post.... FFS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here