Sunday paper talk

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Fair assessment, but who knows what TB et al are willing to go up to. I'd love Deeney.

I don't love Deeney, think he can be a nasty individual, but as others have said, l think we can be a tad naive when teams adopt a physical approach towards us, so maybe his style of play is exactly what we do need. Fight fire with fire so to speak.

So yes, I'd love him!

I also have a feeling, that as we approach the end of the transfer window, and knowing that we are one, or even two strikers light, Tony may well just be tempted to go for broke and really break the bank. After all the club have repeatedly said that the money is there, if and when the right player(s) come along.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now now [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION].

I never once stated that CH said he was lazy on anything like that - I may have said I thought it unlikely that CH would sign him but I would never indicate that CH said anything negative about any player. Well not on a public forum anyhow.

Now this will be interesting.

You enjoy Gandaddad "sticking to his guns", never being wrong, and refusing to accept most mistakes.

Will it be so enjoyable when he's calling you a liar and a bit of a telltale?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Now now [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION].

I never once stated that CH said he was lazy on anything like that - I may have said I thought it unlikely that CH would sign him but I would never indicate that CH said anything negative about any player. Well not on a public forum anyhow.

Sorry my interpretation of separate posts and combining them with you saying that it was unlikely that CH would ever sign him and then adding in what was probably your personal view that he was lazy and not a great team player when you watched Norwich. So it was not CH view. Once again my apologies

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Now this will be interesting.

You enjoy Gandaddad "sticking to his guns", never being wrong, and refusing to accept most mistakes.

Will it be so enjoyable when he's calling you a liar and a bit of a telltale?

LOL LOL LOL

He can stick to his guns if he wants. I was just making it clear that I never stated that Gary Hooper was lazy. I am almost certain that I did state that he would be an unlikely target. BG was part correct but he over just over elaborated with an adjective that I most likely would not have used.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sorry my interpretation of separate posts and combining them with you saying that it was unlikely that CH would ever sign him and then adding in what was probably your personal view that he was lazy and not a great team player when you watched Norwich. So it was not CH view. Once again my apologies

Apology not necessary BG

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Troy Deeny is 29. Too old.

The only puzzle was buying Suttner who was the same age.

Che Adams (Birmingham) looks the most promising but I thought he need another year before being ready. I envisage the same sort of player. A quicker version of Glenn Murray.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Troy Deeny is 29. Too old.

The only puzzle was buying Suttner who was the same age.

Che Adams (Birmingham) looks the most promising but I thought he need another year before being ready. I envisage the same sort of player. A quicker version of Glenn Murray.

I'm sorry, but l really don't accept that 29 is too old for the Premier League. I'd rather have a 29 year old with experience of the top division, than someone of say 22, who has none.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports