Sunday Newspapers?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Devon Seagull

Sep 25, 2004
South Devon
Which Sunday Newspaper is the best for sport, especially coverage of The Championship and the Albion?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Football League Paper.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Used to be News of the World. Sunday Mirror was always a poor second. Now it doesn't even have to try anymore. Thinking of giving 'em up altogether, or wait til some suit throws his Telegraph Sports Section on the floor of the train on a Monday morning (ever notice how they ALL do that?)

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Tabloids are good if you like proliferate coverage and speculation.

I don't think the Guardian are bad, and they seem more interested in the Albion and our regeneration than some, though I expect this is a story that will run for a while and may appear as a feature in other Sundays and Dailys.

I'd say the Football League Paper is a good bet! I like the Times on monday as well.

Depending on my mood, I enjoy all styles of paper, though sometimes the quality of journalism and thought in a broadsheet type paper can be far more rewarding than a tabloid.

Buy the Mail / Express if you like exceedingly thorough and not badly written items of total speculation (protip: it'll have a question mark in the headline). It's what they do. :jester:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Funny little bit on Guardian website:

The Championship is going south. Well, two of the three clubs sharing the lead are from that end of the country, at least. David Connolly scored his second goal of the season in Southampton's 1-0 win at Barnsley, while fellow promoted side Brighton won by the same margin at Portsmouth – the club-record signing, Craig Mackail-Smith, scored the winner, though Portsmouth's Liam Lawrence did hit the post with a penalty in injury time. Saints are top by virtue of goal difference, though Nigel Adkins has yet to challenge anyone to "keep up" with them.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The football League paper by far...although I could'nt find one this morning!

The FLP comes out on tuesdays doesn't it?

The NOTW was the best by a country mile. Don't buy one now. The Star, Telegraph, Mail, Express and Mirror are shocking.

Now I just wait until the Game in the Times on a monday.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont tend to read the sundays, but my observations are that the mirror/sun will usually cover everything well, the Times/Telegraph/Guardian tend to have the better analysis of details and better quality diagrams, Mail/Express are plain average.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
None of the broadsheets seem to give much space over to football outside of the Premier League and European competition, aside from weekends when there's no Premier League action.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Our game will always be covered in several paragraphs in the mirror/mail/other tabloids - but what is the point? Its nothing more than a catchy headline and a brief blow-by-blow account of the 2 or 3 main talking points - which you can just as easily glean by reading a match report online, or actually going to the game.

By contrast the broadsheets won't cover us in detail very often, once a month perhaps, but when they do there will be context and insight - and you'll learn something new

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The Observer carries a couple of championship reports and reasonable round up. The Sunday Times had bugger all in it, very surprising.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Funny little bit on Guardian website:

Saints are top by virtue of goal difference, though Nigel Adkins has yet to challenge anyone to "keep up" with them.

:bowdown:

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
NOTW used to be the best, but now have to resort to The Sunday Mirror. Times had one sentence on us, but you had to look really hard for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports