Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday Mirror

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Sunday Mirror says.....

Next season will be different. Then Brighton will have their own, £93million stadium at Falmer with a far healthy 23,500 capacity.

The move to Falmer will also accommodate more of the real Brighton fans to bring back the zest and spirit of the Goldstone Ground. Too many of the current crop are restless when play reaches an impasse.

“If some fans want Brighton to change our style of play, it won’t happen,” said Poyet. “If my players panic, then they don’t play.”

What is evident at the moment is a cult among the fans who are, let’s say, New Age. For instance, one fan left after 15 minutes, before returning after 35 to sit with his son. First in the hot dog queue? No. In the bag that he returned with were sunscreen, sunglasses and a packet of face wipes.

It’s hard to imagine a similar scene at the New Den, when the old man misses 20 minutes of Millwall because the sun is a bit strong and he needs to pop to Boots at New Cross.

There may well be fans of a different ilk once they move next season. And Poyet may well give them Championship football to watch.

???

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
What is evident at the moment is a cult among the fans who are, let’s say, New Age. For instance, one fan left after 15 minutes, before returning after 35 to sit with his son. First in the hot dog queue? No. In the bag that he returned with were sunscreen, sunglasses and a packet of face wipes.

WTF? What a load of bollocks. Since when has being a good parent been New Age?

Mar 10, 2006
f*** it - I agree with - can you imagine 25/30 years ago leaving the ground to get sunglasses etc. My old man would have have said stop moaning and get on with it. I sat in the family stand last season (due to cost) and it really f***ed me off keep having to move during a game cos some kid wanted a burger and then once you'd moved again to let them back to their seats the other kid wanted chips.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I didn't think you could leave the stadium? If so, how does it take someone 20 minutes to get suncream and wipes?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
didnt think you could leave/re-enter the ground either, and where do you get suncream and wipes within 10min walk of Withdean? popped home? car parking in the exclusion area?

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
didnt think you could leave/re-enter the ground either, and where do you get suncream and wipes within 10min walk of Withdean? popped home? car parking in the exclusion area?

There is a Spar in Eldred Ave.Maybe they had a special on toiletries on Saturday!

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Under no circumstances are you allowed to leave/re-enter the ground. This tool is trying to sell papers.

Stop moaning. The sun cream concession at Falmer will bring in millions. Top international brands are lining up to submit tenders. The red nose days of the Goldstone era are gone forever. Some folk may be unhappy, but how else will we be able to buy our way into the Champions League?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Here we go, another 'I'm a better fan than you' thread. So what if someone went to get some sun lotion. Maybe he's never been before and didn't know his seat would be in direct sunlight. He and his kid might be some of those that help fill Falmer next season. And let's be honest, there are plenty of people on here who resolutely refuse to go near Withdean in the first place.

Personally, I would rather Brighton be associated with good welfare than neanderthal morons that might go to the new den.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I read that too.Written by Steve Stammerd.What a twat.:tosser:
Express was even worse.About three lines with no mention of the injustices.:tantrum:

Steve Stammers a tosser? He's certainly a bit old school, it must be said. For a report written by a fan, try the Independent on Sunday. And there's a Gus Poyet interview too. But if you will read the comics ...

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Steve Stammers a tosser? He's certainly a bit old school, it must be said. For a report written by a fan, try the Independent on Sunday. And there's a Gus Poyet interview too. But if you will read the comics ...

I read that in the Independent today. Excellent interview and good analysis of the game too.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
The Mirror's a bollocks newspaper in general, they got the Man City v Brighton Result wrong!!! :rant::angry::mad::tantrum: :censored::tantrum::rant: :angry:

Don't worry about me, I just have an extreme prejudice for the Daily Mirror.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Having read both (3 if you include the poyet interview),the red top concentates more on incidents in the game and the "quality"paper on Poyet.
Mirror wins it for me,but i am one of the Goldstone fans he laments the passing of.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I don't think he meant that a fan actually did leave to get sun tan lotion. I am sure it was meant to be metaphorical. Crap nonetheless.

Er no , he did actually. Our whole row had to get up twice to let the twat out!
Couldn't believe it on his return that he announced he had a suncream emergency - tosser!
Guess the mirror reporter was one of those sat behind me?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Under no circumstances are you allowed to leave/re-enter the ground. This tool is trying to sell papers.

As I said, this guy did as he sits right near me in block L in tne north stand.Walked out and then reappeared 10 minutes later carrying a plastic bag with said suncream etc.
Made his apologies well within earshot of the press guys sat behind me so obviously where the story comes from.
Presumably the stewards made some sort of exception

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Er no , he did actually. Our whole row had to get up twice to let the twat out!
Couldn't believe it on his return that he announced he had a suncream emergency - tosser!
Guess the mirror reporter was one of those sat behind me?

Fair enough.

Perhaps Richard Hebberd and his cronies have mellowed and decided to go against ground rules and vote in favour of common sense.

Ps It is not such a big deal to let someone out of the row is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here