Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Sunday Lunch in Brighton

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Slightly out of town, but my colleague went to Perch on the Pier in Lancing last weekend and said its the best roast lunch hes ever had. £38 for a very large sharing platter, and said there was more than enough for the 3 of them.

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding
Food at The Caxton is excellent including roasts. Pretty much inhaled one after the last time I ran Brighton Marathon. Good pub grub in the week too, took my team there when we had a meeting in Brighton in the summer and I'm still in a job :)

:unsure: I found the burger ok at best.

I guess its all subjective, but if you cant serve crispy roast potatoes then you should not be offering roast dinners. No excuse, which is more often than not i prefer home cooked.

Green Man Partridge Green is excellent, expensive but worth it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:unsure: I found the burger ok at best.

I guess its all subjective, but if you cant serve crispy roast potatoes then you should not be offering roast dinners. No excuse, which is more often than not i prefer home cooked.

Green Man Partridge Green is excellent, expensive but worth it.
I guess it always depends on when you went, how busy they were, was it the regular chef etc. I've always had crisp roasties there as far as I can remember but I also rarely eat out on a Sunday and prefer cooking a big family meal myself.

The gyros are better than the burgers IMO.

Jul 7, 2003
Slightly out of town, but my colleague went to Perch on the Pier in Lancing last weekend and said its the best roast lunch hes ever had. £38 for a very large sharing platter, and said there was more than enough for the 3 of them.
Perch on the Pier is in Worthing, Perch is in Lancing and they offer different menus. Which was it?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
For me, whilst crispiness is important, I think the quantity of roasties is the bigger problem with pub roasts.

Egremont in Worthing gives you three roast potatoes. THREE! And they're not all that big either. If you're going to get three roasties they should be chonkers. Or give us five small ones.

Absolute scandal.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Perch on the Pier is in Worthing, Perch is in Lancing and they offer different menus. Which was it?
It's a very important distinction.

I had a meeting with someone who was driving down from Crowborough to see me, so I suggested Perch so he didn't get snarled in Worthing traffic "when you get to Lancing, turn left and it's on the seafront".

I got there first as he'd got caught in traffic en route. I got a table and messaged him details of where to find me.

A short while later he called to say he couldn't find me. I went outside to talk, as it was quite noisy in Perch and gazed to the west. "Hang on - you're not on a pier are you?", I asked.

"Yes I am - shouldn't I be?" came the response.

He joined me in Lancing about 25 minutes later.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Lion and Lobster. Going there this Sunday in fact. Might take my wife to the Castle Snooker Club afterwards for a little surprise too.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not necessarily within the time constraints but to answer the question above about roast lamb, had an excellent one last year at the Oak Barn in Burgess Hill

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Grand Hotel do a nice SL

X2 courses £24.95

IMG_1094.jpeg

zamora the merrier

Mar 1, 2009
The best roast in Brighton, according to my son. More expensive than a standard roast but well worth the money.
Concur with your son - it really is excellent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here