Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer signings

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Lucas Leiva of Liverpool is out of contract in June and with Stephens almost certainly off, Leiva would be a perfect replacement to shield our back four if we are to persist with 442 in the Premier League.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Will Hughes. 22 yrs old and got class. Could be Norwoods long lost twin with his new hairstyle.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.I was hoping to get through to the end of hte thread without the albino being mentioned. He falls over when a light breeze hits him and runs around making 3 to 4 yard passes all day only when given room to do so. He's a talking horse.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No chance of Defoe, none

He is going to be wanted by 80 percent of the PL teams.

never say never, i read recently they went to the same primary school and have time together from Spurs, so i wouldnt rule out personal links making a deal

We can't afford his wages. He's on £70K a week at Sunderland.

if we go up, we'll have similiqar sort of budget as Sunderland. now whether it would be sensible to pay one player so much and the distruption to pay structures and the dressing room would be the real questions, ones that Hughton and the board will have to balance for near any player we attract with established PL pedigree.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lucas Leiva of Liverpool is out of contract in June and with Stephens almost certainly off, Leiva would be a perfect replacement to shield our back four if we are to persist with 442 in the Premier League.

Everyone says DS is off. Why is he off? Brighton can beat any sum Burnley or similar throw at him. Just asking.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
SHANE LONG as the much needed rotation for Baldock.

TOM CAIRNEY or MOOY as a quality addition to our midfield.

ULLOA because I'm sentimental and i think he'd be a good rotation option for Murray and Hemed.

TOMORI he's done enough for me to show he'll be a good option for squad player next season.

POCOGNOLI I think he's a bottom half of the PL left back and between him, Bong & Rosenior that should have the LB position covered.

I'd possibly make one more quality defensive signing, ideally for someone who can play in either full back position.

Assuming nobody leaves then I'm happy with just a few quality additions. The current squad more than deserve a chance and i really hope people don't start expecting or calling for wholesale changes.
There are players in this squad who i have no doubt will step up to the plate. Kayal, Knockert, Dunk etc, but we also have a few who will naturally have a question mark as to whether they can step up. Murphy, Baldock, Uwe, Skalak, Bong etc. These players deserve their chance and i hope people aren't going to exect a whole new 11 players just to replace these guys. They all deserve their chance.

My PL starting 11 would be:

Stockdale

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Pocognoli

Knockert
Kayal
Stephens
March

Murray
Long

Subs:

Walton
Rosenior
Uwe
Skalak
Cairney/Mooy
Murphy
Hemed/Ulloa
Baldock

That PL starting 11 would lose most games. I expect our starting eleven come say September, to have several changes in it - first choice RB, CM, left wing, striker or two.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Tom Lawrence - excellent against us this term.
Charlie Taylor - out of contract at Leeds
Ryan Sessegnon - massively impressive for a 17 year old
Mooy- deserves a chance at PL football
Izzy Brown - will go out on loan again on next season
Tammy Abraham - another guaranteed to go out on loan in the PL next season.
Another - I also expect to see a foreigner we've never heard of.
A reserve keeper - Walton to go out on loan to the Championship and I expect Maenpaa to leave.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The management team this year have done very well on the budget, with some very smart signings, the best being Glen Murray, the right man in the right place at the right time. I can't see them changing and expect to see championship players, overseas players and a few prem players. Hughton would approach a first season in the Prem with caution so I would expect to see a defensive set up for the new season. As for they will be we can have no idea, but i'm sure great thought will go into the decision and i'm sure that Brighton will be an attractive prospect to many players from the championship without us having to pay silly money.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
He wanted to leave last summer to play for Burnley, and still hasn't signed a new contract. I think that speaks for it's self potty mouth.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
He wanted to leave last summer to play for Burnley, and still hasn't signed a new contract. I think that speaks for it's self potty mouth.

Yea that's what he said. Nothing to do with PL football/money.

At least wait until we are mathematically promoted to harp on about him not signing a new contract yet. Maybe 5 minutes after it's secured would be a good time to start.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Fair enough, but if he is keeping his options open, surely we supporters should be allowed to debate other options also, without self imposed mods telling us what to think?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Fair enough, but if he is keeping his options open, surely we supporters should be allowed to debate other options also, without self imposed mods telling us what to think?

Indeed. Stephens isn't the only one with options. We will become a much more popular destination once we have been promoted.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

I'm not telling you what to think, he could very well leave as you have suggested.

It was you who stated the matter as fact, when it is just an opinion.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Yea that's what he said. Nothing to do with PL football/money.

At least wait until we are mathematically promoted to harp on about him not signing a new contract yet. Maybe 5 minutes after it's secured would be a good time to start.

OR
not at all

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
I'm not telling you what to think, he could very well leave as you have suggested.

It was you who stated the matter as fact, when it is just an opinion.

I'm sorry you misinterpreted the phrase "almost certainly" as a matter of fact. I'll try to make it less ambiguous next time for the hard of thinking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here