Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Summer clear out

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
I think we have a chance as Spurs are poised to buy Gallagher from Chelsea and are linked with one or two other players. KDH has also been linked with Man United. again I can see their priorities being elsewhere. Eg Olise and Branthwaite, Toney.
Leicester need to sell before 30th June so there may be a chance.

While Leicester need to make a sale before end of June, we don't know it will be KDH. And, what's more, he is under contract and not obliged to join us if he doesn't want to. He's a Leicester academy product, and now they're back in the PL. He probably envisaged his career as staying there and/or moving to a big 6 club.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think one experienced CM is probably our biggest priority, and I think that Barkley is proven in the premier league where Dahoud wasn't. But given that we have Baleba, WBG, Hinshelwood and Gross (hopefully) I can't see us getting more than one. (Now watch us get 3 :lolol:)
I think the most important positions in DeZerbiball are the two deep lying playmakers.

I think we need 6 (six) options. 2 in each age category. This line-up would make me very happy indeed:

1. Groß
2. Barkley
3. Gilmour
4. KDH
5. Baleba
6. Hinshelwood

I think 4 of the above could realistically play together quite frequently with Groß at No.10 and Hinshelwood at right back. KDH and Barkley could also play No.10 and would so reasonably frequently. Replacing Lallana and Milner with Barkley is fast becoming the transfer I most want us to do. The way he dictates the game at Luton has been brilliant.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Because he plays for Chelsea...

... And they need to sell him to make FFP and no one else is in a position to buy him.

Yeah wages could be an issue, I agree.

Pretty sure Tottenham and Newcastle are interested. Tottenham have no FFP issues whatsoever. Looks like there's a chance Newcastle are going to get a big offer for Bruno Guimarães, so they might have lots to spend too. Both will likely have European football too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It isn't going that well for him at Stuttgart though. He's started just once and come off the bench in every other game. He's played 12 matches but played just 134 mins, when you think that 67 of those came in the game he started it shows just how little football he's playing for them. They've already said they don't want to exercise the option to buy.
He was never brought in as a first choice as far as I know, he was and is, cover for their midfield. It’s very easy to just look at game time and arrive at your view but some context paints a slightly different picture.

Stuttgart were in the relegation play offs last season are a complete surprise package this year. This season the team has been playing exceedingly well and needed to bolster numbers and get some cover to maintain this level of performance and push for the CL. He was signed on 31.01 and only ever brought in as a squad player as far as I know; Stuttgart was far from broken so no need to fix anything. They’ve only had 11 Bundesliga games and some cup games since his signing and he’s played some part in 12 of these games.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't remember him being notably good even in the matches before that.
He was ok, nothing more, although he did start in a couple of games when we were genuinelygood - eg Man U away.

What I was getting at was the fact that after the suspension was served from that sending off, he was stilll completely excluded from the squad with U21s being preferred as bench warmers instead. Something clearly happened that meant RDZ was never picking him again.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I think the most important positions in DeZerbiball are the two deep lying playmakers.

I think we need 6 (six) options. 2 in each age category. This line-up would make me very happy indeed:

1. Groß
2. Barkley
3. Gilmour
4. KDH
5. Baleba
6. Hinshelwood

I think 4 of the above could realistically play together quite frequently with Groß at No.10 and Hinshelwood at right back. KDH and Barkley could also play No.10 and would so reasonably frequently. Replacing Lallana and Milner with Barkley is fast becoming the transfer I most want us to do. The way he dictates the game at Luton has been brilliant.

Im with you for signing Barkley on a free if possible. He's played the full 90 for the last 25 games, and looked decent. Wages shouldnt be a problem, and would mean transfer budget could go on another quality centre mid.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He was never brought in as a first choice as far as I know, he was and is, cover for their midfield. It’s very easy to just look at game time and arrive at your view but some context paints a slightly different picture.

Stuttgart were in the relegation play offs last season are a complete surprise package this year. This season the team has been playing exceedingly well and needed to bolster numbers and get some cover to maintain this level of performance and push for the CL. He was signed on 31.01 and only ever brought in as a squad player as far as I know; Stuttgart was far from broken so no need to fix anything. They’ve only had 11 Bundesliga games and some cup games since his signing and he’s played some part in 12 of these games.

He may be cover but even in a winning side you’d expect a player with his experience at the top end of their league to play more. A player that makes over 140 appearances for Dortmund, even if he has had an issue with injuries has to be a decent player. He’s got experience of end of season run ins with the pressure of securing European football but he isn’t getting any really meaningful game time bar 1 match.

It’s gone wrong with us, he hasn’t established himself with Stuttgart and they’ve already said they don’t want to sign him permanently and he immediately fell out with the Syrian national team. A player who has previously looked like a model pro doesn’t just throw his toys out of the pram on international duty like that. There is something more to this.

I hope he can get whatever is effecting him sorted and sort himself out so he can either return to us, or move on and get his career back on track.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Numpty keeper who got us to 6th, a celebration that if it was in my power to take away from an ingrate like you, I woul

I think he’s incredibly average and over rated. A weak link in the side. I know that’s not a popular opinion with some fans as he’s a busy player who plays a lot of safe, un-productive passes so some think he’s better than he really is. He offers nothing productive from an attacking point of view and absolutely nothing defensively. Physically weak and no pace. We can do a lot better.
I don't think many will agree with that. I do. Flatters to deceive.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting point about how Bissouma would have fared under De Zerbi who demands absolute 100% commitment to the Plan for 90 minutes. No room for anything less. Bissouma always was, and still is to some extent a loose cannon. I doubt whether RDZ would have tolerated him any more than he could accept Trossard’s occasional waywardness.
Yep - seems to be dropping out of Spurs now and fans I know don’t think he’s quite good enough through a season for a top 4 chasing team

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I’m not sure I’m allowed to put this opinion on here - I’d like it if next season Gross is NOT a certain starter, I’d like proper competition for his place. When he does play I’d prefer he didn’t take set pieces, he’s actually not very good at them…
my opinion is you talk complete bollocks.

thanks

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
After watching the first half against plucky, the clear out needs to begin with the manager. Possibly tonight.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He may be cover but even in a winning side you’d expect a player with his experience at the top end of their league to play more. A player that makes over 140 appearances for Dortmund, even if he has had an issue with injuries has to be a decent player. He’s got experience of end of season run ins with the pressure of securing European football but he isn’t getting any really meaningful game time bar 1 match.

It’s gone wrong with us, he hasn’t established himself with Stuttgart and they’ve already said they don’t want to sign him permanently and he immediately fell out with the Syrian national team. A player who has previously looked like a model pro doesn’t just throw his toys out of the pram on international duty like that. There is something more to this.

I hope he can get whatever is effecting him sorted and sort himself out so he can either return to us, or move on and get his career back on track.
There's a reason Borussia let him go on a free

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

1. Groß
2. Barkley
3. Gilmour
4. KDH
5. Baleba
6. Hinshelwood

Looking at today's shit show add DeZerbi to the list.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here