Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Summer clear out

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
What ever happened to the polish midfielder we signed a few years ago? I think he cost about 10m and was shipped on loan

The 'numpty keeper' did, of course, only play for a little over a third of the matches that got us to 6th. The other 23 matches, we had a different GK between the sticks. Mustn't mention that, though - bad fan! :(
He played in the critical surge at the end to 6th. It’s really awful you want to rob him of that achievement

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I do really think we need quite a large overhaul and refresh. Would like to see quite a few changes as we do carry a lot of deadwood. We lack genuine quality, physicality and players in their prime years in a lot of areas.

Unless we make some serious changes, I think we will have a real struggle next season. Players I’d move on:

Milner
Lamptey
Webster
Gilmour
Moder
Fati (obviously)
Mcgill
Peupion
Undav
Sima
Leonard
Weir
Turns
Dahoud
Alzate
Sarmiento

There are probably some under 21’s we can move on too.

That should free up further funds in addition to the profits we’ve already made to make some proper signings in addition to Osman and any other loaned out/under 21 players we think can step up.

I would keep Steele as third choice and add Lallana to coaching staff and play him occassionally when needed as a late sub. He can’t start now.
Billy is our best holding midfielder and is very capable of dictating play. Oh well let’s bin him. Undav probably the best finisher at the club he can go to🤣

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
I think he’s incredibly average and over rated. A weak link in the side. I know that’s not a popular opinion with some fans as he’s a busy player who plays a lot of safe, un-productive passes so some think he’s better than he really is. He offers nothing productive from an attacking point of view and absolutely nothing defensively. Physically weak and no pace. We can do a lot better.
He’s only 22, and will continue to improve. We’re also missing him massively from the team at the moment.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Billy is our best holding midfielder and is very capable of dictating play. Oh well let’s bin him. Undav probably the best finisher at the club he can go to🤣
Gilmour can’t dictate play against strong opposition, he’s not good enough.

And Undav is only scoring goals because the standard of defences in the Bundesliga is appalling. If fans genuinely think he’s going to come back and bang in goals in the PL, they’re going to be very disappointed.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

And Undav is only scoring goals because the standard of defences in the Bundesliga is appalling. If fans genuinely think he’s going to come back and bang in goals in the PL, they’re going to be very disappointed.

Have you seen Baleba how the hell did he get picked out by the star lizard super computer. I thinks that’s four assists to the opposition in as many games. I know he’s young but even so. For the money you expect a lot more.
We aren’t going to spend millions on a striker Undav’s 10 goals a season will come in handy.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Need a class right back, 2 CM who are up to it and experienced and a CF too maybe. There’s prob half a dozen who can go. We didn’t replace Caicedo and Mac properly - we weren’t expecting replacements as good but what we got was so far off them in terms of settled PL ready ability. However, the European tour was more than credible and we beat the scum 4-1 so it wasn’t a bad season at all.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham

Gilmour ran the show in the home game against Marseille, do they count as strong opposition?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

And Undav is only scoring goals because the standard of defences in the Bundesliga is appalling. If fans genuinely think he’s going to come back and bang in goals in the PL, they’re going to be very disappointed. Also we aren’t a top team competing with the top teams.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Gilmour doesn’t have the physicality of Moises or the creativity of Alexis. He’s well worth keeping but he isn’t filling the void of either of them and that should be the focus. The super computer has been buffering for 10months so it better kick in now or I really will question our succession planning etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here