Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Summer 2020 holidays - Germany & Italy giving the go ahead

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
We've got Lake Garda booked for August still. I think we'll be ok but will have to decide if we actually want to go but the problem is if the flight goes we won't get a refund.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Not so sure myself. I can't see vast numbers and neither can industry experts. Many will not want to fly. There is a lot of caution around. Sure, I see the ones out and about who don't really give a flying fig but they are a very,very small minority. Finance plays a part as well. Lots are having to watch pennies. There will be belt tightening going on, particularly with threats of job security.

I can’t either.

Even if we were allowed to fly I’m not sure I could face the process of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not so sure myself. I can't see vast numbers and neither can industry experts. Many will not want to fly. There is a lot of caution around. Sure, I see the ones out and about who don't really give a flying fig but they are a very,very small minority. Finance plays a part as well. Lots are having to watch pennies. There will be belt tightening going on, particularly with threats of job security.

I'll travel as soon as it's ok so long as prices aren't ridiculous. I appreciate there will be many who will want or need to save the pennies or not take a chance but the one thing all of this has done for me is reinforce the need to live for the now. Could all be over in a jiffy so my travel bucket list is going to get a hammering, funds permitting.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'll travel as soon as it's ok so long as prices aren't ridiculous. I appreciate there will be many who will want or need to save the pennies or not take a chance but the one thing all of this has done for me is reinforce the need to live for the now. Could all be over in a jiffy so my travel bucket list is going to get a hammering, funds permitting.

Ah quality of life as against quantity....

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

I’m the same, we had a holiday booked for early in April which was cancelled so I’m even more eager to get away as soon as possible, I’m a healthy and relatively fit guy in my twenties though so i appreciate not everyone will feel the same, I don’t know how safe I’d feel if I had any health issues, I do feel like there will be European holidays this summer, I think perhaps late June things may resume on a smaller scale because as I said earlier in this thread, certain places will be absolutely ruined without a summer of tourism.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m the same, we had a holiday booked for early in April which was cancelled so I’m not even more eager to get away as soon as possible, I’m a healthy and relatively fit guy in my twenties though so i appreciate not everyone will feel the same, I don’t know how safe I’d feel if I had any health issues, I do feel like there will be European holidays this summer, I think perhaps late June things may resume on a smaller scale because as I said earlier in this thread, certain places will be absolutely ruined without a summer of tourism.

Same here. Hope we can get away this summer, I suspect it will be by driving or Eurostar, if at all.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is that a good place to be then?

Did I say that ? I replied to someone who said we were the 2 nd highest. Let's try and have a conversation trying to be civil

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here