Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer 2015 transfer window thread

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Garrison, if I recall correctly, is an attacking fullback who isn't entirely got on defending! Should fit in nicely :lolol:
Still think Kaz has the potential to convert into the role. :shrug:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Norwich fan thinks CH didn't rate him...

"He was almost a fixture in his first season, when on loan. Then Clueless Chrissie signed him on a contract just to exclude him. Not a lot of joined-up thinking in evidence there. "

This from the comments section.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Summer transfer window thread

Bournemouth have signed Josh King who is their 3rd acquisition this summer. I wish BHA would learn from successful teams who do their business early.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bournemouth have signed Josh King who is their 3rd acquisition this summer. I wish BHA would learn from successful teams who do their business early.

Bournemouth have now made 4 signings.

Perhaps they go on holiday after their transfer business is done, rather than before they make the signings.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Well said. We could learn a lot from B'muff, and not just about recruitment. I like their attacking style too.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Well said. We could learn a lot from B'muff, and not just about recruitment. I like their attacking style too.
They will get murdered in the prem if they play the same way. They were limited when they played us and Kayal was running the midfield and thats just against one player of PL quality.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

It was ourselves and Blackpool whom did their business at the end of the window last summer. An horrific tactic which is why along with Blackpool, Wigan and another team I forget), none of our players scored more then 7 goals. However, I have every confidence the club has learned it's lesson. Added to the fact the league do FA about those whom transgress FFP, I'm hoping for 90% of a very good squad to be in place by the end of July.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The later you leave it the more likely you're to get the overpaid scraps and we must learn to buy the right players that fit our style of play....so that's 6 defenders required.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Bournemouth have now made 4 signings.

Perhaps they go on holiday after their transfer business is done, rather than before they make the signings.

Exactly this, but they also are prepared to pay what it takes to get the right players in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They will get murdered in the prem if they play the same way. They were limited when they played us and Kayal was running the midfield and thats just against one player of PL quality.

Be good to get the opportunity to get murdered in the Premier League. They ripped the division up getting there and we stumbled from one cock up to the next whilst boring our fans to death and infuriating them in equal measure.

They are doing so many things right whilst we soak up the sun and snooze our way through the summer. Before Chailey Jem gets on my case, yes I'm sure we're trying hard and everything is difficult but I have a nagging feeling that we may not have learnt too much from the last three transfer windows and will be holding out for late bargains again.

Until something happens to make me change my mind I am very very downbeat about next season.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
We are too slow to catch a cold, we are going to end up with a load of overpaid shite again! Div 1 here we come! Recruitment what f**cking recruitment absolute cack! :facepalm:

840.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Forest, Derby, Fulham, Wolves all active in the transfer market.

Albion not stressed because 'everyone is on holiday', and are 'relaxing' and 'chilling'. Afterall it's weeks and weeks before the season starts.

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
I too was rather hoping we would be faster out of the blocks regarding recruitment this summer. Last seasons panic recruitments after the season was nearly a month old, should have been a lesson learnt. The reason the players were available at that time was because they weren't good enough for the clubs they were with. I don't want our club to be held to ransom by greedy players and agents, but I also don't want us to be scavenging round the jumble sales come September looking at other clubs cast offs.
I was told 2 weeks ago by a family member that the recruitment drive was very advanced, I do hope this is true and this is just the club with their thumbs on the mute button as usual! Up the Albion

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Forest, Derby, Fulham, Wolves all active in the transfer market.

Albion not stressed because 'everyone is on holiday', and are 'relaxing' and 'chilling'. Afterall it's weeks and weeks before the season starts.

Did I not read that things may start happening when CH returns from his holiday, whenever that is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here