Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sum up the 2014-15 Season in as many or few words as you feel necessary ;-)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This - shit performances, shit players, shit Managers, same old patronising shit from the club spin machine
Next - zero expectation

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
This - shit performances, shit players, shit Managers, same old patronising shit from the club spin machine
Next - zero expectation

I"m curious -- what's the alternative to 'patronizing shit from the club spin machine? '

Did you expect them to say "We're taking a few chances; perhaps even cutting a few corners, this season.
There's a chance we could be complete shit.
Now, about that season ticket...."

Are there any firms that do that?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Total **** up on the playing side from the moment Oscar walked

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I"m curious -- what's the alternative to 'patronizing shit from the club spin machine? '

Did you expect them to say "We're taking a few chances; perhaps even cutting a few corners, this season.

None of that ... and not wanting to fill an entire thread up but the whole feel of the club has changed. It's not about moving to a nice new stadium and all that goes with that but I definately feel hugely detached for the first time in 30 odd years.

We poke fun at the term 'customer' but never before did I feel like that. Some of the splurge that comes out in comm's across a variety of media leaves me wondering if whoever writes it thinks the average IQ of our 'fans' is on par with a duck (to quote Monty Python) or that we are visitors from a far away planet

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
My summing up of a frustrating season was:

Sad to see Uolla go but pleased we would had funds to spend waiting to see what our player recut end system would find two of these on payer looked good Holla and Baldock, I was also excited at the prospect of Hypia as our manager.

pre-season proved to be uninspiring new faces new manager it will just take time to bed down.

Once the season proper got underway in fact after the first game what formation was that far to narrow wing backs leaving far to much space behind two centre backs having to cover four positions to cover a few games in and other teams had Worked this out and we were struggling, give the Fin time was the the general opinion, slowly confidence starting to wear thin the fans started to turn and Hypia in the end went much to the general displeasure of fans Jones stepped having an immediate effect The team looked much improved as were the results but most of all Jones showed passion the big question was Jones the man to keep this going until the end of the season and with a transfer window fast approaching TB took a long look at the odds and finally settled on Chris Houghton at the time most appeared to be pleased with this steady pair of hands the much improved form continued We had a shape fans and players could recognise and players However we really never got going the bottom teams were all really poor this year as such we got lucky play like that again and we might not be so fortunate

We stayed up thanks to the efforts of the players but it was a poor poor season we live to fight another day and so we wait to see what will the summer bring

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Over-hyped, under-delivered...

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

A little more humility, better and more grown up communications with season ticket holders, 1901 members and box holders (the end of season five will be carnage if they don't start working harder there), more frequent operation of the 'spin-off' switch, an appreciation that key areas of the club's fan base have an unhappiness with the club that is not hard wired to on-pitch performances, a determination to avoid American stunts such as stuffing Christmas messages with sales messages and a more apparent determination to ensure that all staff, directors and players understand the history of the club.

If you get directors telling people (apropos supporters): "Give 'em a couple of four-nils... they'll soon come rolling back" then a charge of being patronising is bound to be added to any charge sheet.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Disappointing season but it could have been a lot worse. We live to fight another day in the Championship and hopefully we'd have learned some good lessons on "what NOT to do" this season. He's not anyone's favourite at the moment, but hopefully Hughton will stick around and give us a more settled preseason where we are able to act much more decisively in the transfer market.

It's been bad, we've regressed as a club in my opinion (perhaps not off the field, but certainly on it) but as always I'm hopeful that this time next season (Rodney) we'll be in a better place.

:)

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
...an appreciation that key areas of the club's fan base have an unhappiness with the club that is not hard wired to on-pitch performances,...
One key area of the club's fan base -- the lion's share of this board -- cares about nothing else, up to and including the long-term financial survival of the club.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Disappointing, depressing and demoralising.

Next season - onwards and upwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here