Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suits and Shoes

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Evening,

I've gone and got myself a new job !! I start work on Monday as Senior Lettings Negotiator for an estate agents in Chichester :)

I'm buying myself a few new suits for the occasion. I am buying a dark grey suit, with stripes and black shoes to go as one "outfit" as a girl may say. The other "outfit" is a brown suit. I am a bit confused as to which shoes to buy, dark brown or tan ?

Also, buying double cuff shirts so in need of a pair of cufflinks, what type is a decent choice for white double cuff shirts ? not really a flashy person, just want something to look good.

Thanks in advance :)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Buy cufflinks from the club shop.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Dark brown shoes with a brown suit, if you wear light brown shoes it will make you look like a pundit on Match of the Day. A well ironed double cuffed shirt and shiny shoes will probably make you stand out from the crowd...look how many men don't bother with polish anymore, bloody shocking!

With cufflinks the tip is to wear a colour that picks out the minor colour in your shirt, if you have a blue shirt with very thin pink stripes for example then go for cufflinks that are largely pink in colour. Alternatively match the metal your watch is made from, silver watch...silver cufflinks, to avoid a clash, and so on (this will work with white shirts). When it comes to comedy cufflinks, which you think are making a statement about yourself...wait until you can gauge the humour in the office and whether you think people will look on you as being highly original or just an idiot.

Good luck with the new job!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Evening,

I've gone and got myself a new job !! I start work on Monday as Senior Lettings Negotiator for an estate agents in Chichester :)

I'm buying myself a few new suits for the occasion. I am buying a dark grey suit, with stripes and black shoes to go as one "outfit" as a girl may say. The other "outfit" is a brown suit. I am a bit confused as to which shoes to buy, dark brown or tan ?

Also, buying double cuff shirts so in need of a pair of cufflinks, what type is a decent choice for white double cuff shirts ? not really a flashy person, just want something to look good.

Tip, Dont spend to much on any of your work apparel, in and out of cars all day, poking around shitty flea riden cest pits, Get yourself 4 suits from George at Asda, trust me!

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Brown suit..........You Estate Agents really do know how not to dress.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
These days you can get away with most suits within reason, In fact brown suits are very popular at the moment and can look quite classy in the right shade.

46497_0028727

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Evening,

Keep the stripes "pin-thin" and don't wear brown shoes with a grey suit, get black, and not Doc Martens....

If you get cufflinks with a chain rather than a rod in between it gives your cuffs more breathing space, I found. Also they don't get dirty that quickly.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
haha, got a pair already danny, shall I wear the tongues over the legs..

So far, I've ordered...

a dark grey suit with thin pin stripes and black shoes

AND

a brown suit, much like the one in the picture up there, with dark brown shoes

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Given that it's you I assume we can expect a full report on the toilet arrangements at the new place and quality of shitting environment, along with reports of nervous first day movements!

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Given that it's you I assume we can expect a full report on the toilet arrangements at the new place and quality of shitting environment, along with reports of nervous first day movements!

If you're lucky, a shot of toilet facilities may be provided !!

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Evening,

That's easy, if you're going to be an estate then you should dress like one. Start with a blank canvas, don't be embarassed, perhaps ask an internet forum what clothes you should buy, alternatively there is always mummy who probably has some catologues.

My advice is brown suit and tan shoes, they are the tell-tale signs of someone who has no idea how to dress so again, perfect for estate agents.

Don't forget the MASSIVE tie knot, and remember to pose like you're driving an aston when you're cruising around the metropolis of Chichester in a branded yaris.

You're welcome by the way.

Last edited:

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
If you're lucky, a shot of toilet facilities may be provided !!

when you start could you give me a shout and i will pop round and test the toilet paper for adhesion as i only live up the road

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Get cufflinks off Ebay or Next or somewhere like that don't spend a fortune like £50 on a Paul Smith pair, waste of money

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here