Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suggestion: an away thread

Do you think an 'away thread' would work?

• Yes, sounds good, Do it.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • Yes, but...<please state the but>

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • No, stupid idea <please state why>

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I voted no on the basis that if it 'aint broke don't fix it. I read the point of this 'away thread' from the original post as being:

If opposition fans post on other threads to have a pop at Albion, their posts get moved to this new 'naughty step' thread and can't post in the original thread they posted in. Then if other then people wish to engage them on their comments, they can do on this new thread, freeing up other threads from anti-Albion banter/trolling and subsequent responses to it etc.

Am I right?

If so, the only problem I could see is a lot of people might not bother with this new thread at all and it could just descend into a thread of posts being made slightly more serious in nature than just mere banter.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm not proposing an away end (did anyone read what I wrote?). I'm proposing...

- All fans of all clubs welcome to post anywhere, but
- Keep anti-Albion banter in one specific thread.

Exactly. Anyone can post anywhere on any thread. Just don't pollute them with club v club 'banter'. Do that in the one prescribed place.

I'm saying exactly that. They can post anywhere on the board. (Seriously, did anyone read what I wrote?)

That's exactly what I'm proposing (although probably not a sticky).

Yep.

...and I'm proposing that continues, with one small tweak.

Yes we read the written words. The reason for all the comments may be due to the poll options where two of the three ask for comments in addition to voting.

Also isn't all feedback good otherwise a poll thread with just the votes and no comments becomes rather dull.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I remember you posting a poll once, a simple one too asking yes or no to an away end.

The majority voted yes.

Dig it out.

It was very clear that, like the case is here, people misunderstood what I was proposing. The vote was relatively close, such that I wasn't going to make a fundamental change to the structure of the site based on most people seemingly not understanding what they were voting for. A pre-cursor to Brexit if you will.

Come on though, let's have it. Why your repeated sneering and derisory attitude towards those that try and keep this place going?

Dig it out.

It was very clear that, like the case is here, people misunderstood what I was proposing. The vote was relatively close, such that I wasn't going to make a fundamental change to the structure of the site based on most people seemingly not understanding what they were voting for. A pre-cursor to Brexit if you will.

Come on though, let's have it. Why your repeated sneering and derisory attitude towards those that try and keep this place going?

Jesus, and you called me precious.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So, does this now mean a palace troll will now be able to post on matchday threads or threads about albion players ?

If so this is a recipe for disaster. Best dust off the 'report post' buttons...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No, no and no again. As has been mentioned a lot of away fans have made great contributions to NSC over the years. The ones that come on and say nothing more than "u iz all gay skum" can be banned, but taking the piss out of us and our pretentions is fair game. I'm also pleased to see that the stupid rule that Palace fans can only post on Palace threads has died a death. Hopefully 'Generation Snowflake' will never take over NSC.

Also the 'single thread' policy hasn't worked well with politics. Currently there are two 'dustbin' threads and any other new thread that examines any other nuance of Brexit or the Labour party is dumped into one of these dustbins with a mod comment of "it's all the same innit?" I've stopped looking at the Brexit one as any discussion of any aspect soon gets swamped by other discussions about other aspects.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Here is the thread that [MENTION=16842]Hillian[/MENTION] refers to: http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...osing-supporters-be-banned-from-the-Big-Board

53% (although only 204 voters, approximately 1% of NSC registered users) - voted for an away end.
47% - voted against.

As above, though, many people misunderstood what was being proposed. It certainly wasn't a "all away fans are only allowed in the away end" proposal.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No, no and no again. As has been mentioned a lot of away fans have made great contributions to NSC over the years. The ones that come on and say nothing more than "u iz all gay skum" can be banned, but taking the piss out of us and our pretentions is fair game. I'm also pleased to see that the stupid rule that Palace fans can only post on Palace threads has died a death. Hopefully 'Generation Snowflake' will never take over NSC.

Also the 'single thread' policy hasn't worked well with politics. Currently there are two 'dustbin' threads and any other new thread that examines any other nuance of Brexit or the Labour party is dumped into one of these dustbins with a mod comment of "it's all the same innit?" I've stopped looking at the Brexit one as any discussion of any aspect soon gets swamped by other discussions about other aspects.

As an so called "original" A -2003 member you will know as much as most that Palace have been on the boards for years,although more now than ever perhaps...

I am all for the board staying the same as it always has,although did'nt it have a face lift in 2010? anyway i prefer the format....it's what makes it the best out there ...

There is the triangle "report post button" under the avatar of posters for use...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What about actual Brighton fans who post derogatory things about the club? Calling Paul Barber a **** and things like that, or sneering at the apparent failure of the Seven Stars bar. Should those posts go in the 'away thread'?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Absolutely this. Well put.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As an so called "original" A -2003 member you will know as much as most that Palace have been on the boards for years,although more now than ever perhaps...

I am all for the board staying the same as it always has,although did'nt it have a face lift in 2010? anyway i prefer the format....it's what makes it the best out there ...

There is the triangle "report post button" under the avatar of posters for use...
Exactly . If someone like Mr Putdown (a supporter of the first NSC sponsored match) came onto say the matchday thread and said something like "Oh, be careful, Huddersfield are catching you up. You're going to blow it (again) and choke in the play-offs (again) aren't you?" I'd hate it if someone shifted that to some dustbin thread. It's a valid point, the fact that people might not like it or violently disagree with it shouldn't matter a toss.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No change. Good to have other fans posting on here although if there are no changes in the divisions ourselves and Palace are playing in next season, the mods are going to have a very busy time.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Exactly . If someone like Mr Putdown (a supporter of the first NSC sponsored match) came onto say the matchday thread and said something like "Oh, be careful, Huddersfield are catching you up. You're going to blow it (again) and choke in the play-offs (again) aren't you?" I'd hate it if someone shifted that to some dustbin thread. It's a valid point, that fact that people might not like it or violently disagree with it shouldn't matter a toss.
I'd give him absolute abuse if he did.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Here is the thread that [MENTION=16842]Hillian[/MENTION] refers to: http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...osing-supporters-be-banned-from-the-Big-Board

53% (although only 204 voters, approximately 1% of NSC registered users) - voted for an away end.
47% - voted against.

As above, though, many people misunderstood what was being proposed. It certainly wasn't a "all away fans are only allowed in the away end" proposal.

I assume this is the same proposal today,i can only ask why it has not already been implemented,seems a logical thing to do on paper,although in practice i don't know what in computer/running the site effects it has.....

On this basis i would vote for an away thread-on the full understanding that all away fans can post on the main board until a line is over stepped-

Trouble is i have already voted,still.....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If it ain't broke ....

I appreciate that it's more work for the moderators, but if they didn't spend all their time on moderating NSC they would only get themselves into trouble somewhere else :D

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
i assume this is the same proposal today,i can only ask why it has not already been implemented,seems a logical thing to do on paper,although in practice i don't know what in computer/running the site effects it has.....

On this basis i would vote for an away thread-on the full understanding that all away fans can post on the main board until a line is over stepped-

trouble is i have already voted,still.....

it is not what i am proposing today.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
it is not what i am proposing today.

Then i assume it's an away thread dedicated for away fans only with them having no ability to post on the main boards,in that case i will stand by my original vote-NO to an dedicated away end...

Perhaps the vote should go to users from 2003 to say 2010

No jcls like myself- i knew the deal and how NSC works when registering,it's all part of what makes this site the best.

I personally would like to thank yourself and all the Mods that run NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here