Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suggested Team vs Luton

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think the team pretty much picks itself ( Micky is saying he is going to make big changes when all the changes he makes will be forced on him by circumstances). Only actual choices are between the goalkeepers and who plays in central defence.

I think it will be:
1. Sullivan
2. Whing (if fit)
3. Livermore
4. El Abd
5. Elphick
6. Virgo
7. Cox
8. Jarrett
9. Forster
10.Andrew
11.Birchall
Subs: Kuipers, Fraser, Mcleod, Hinsh, Murray (surprise)!

Please note I am using the old numbering system where the 4 is central midfielder, 5 & 6 are the centre backs and the wingers are 7 & 11! Old fashioned me.
Most importantly - further to discussion about shirt numbers the other day - this is the correct order!

Although, thinking about AEA in midfield is giving me nightmares!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Birchall was the lad from Stoke who randomly played internationally for Trinidad and with Beckham in America. I was quite excited about him at the time, it was about as exotic as we got then!

Don’t remember much about McLeod other than I think he was a bit of a portly winger?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don’t remember much about McLeod other than I think he was a bit of a portly winger?

I have a vague recollection of him being christened "Kevin McLard" on here :lol:

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Wow...Tommy Fraser.

I wonder what some of these lot are doing these days post football. Sure they earned a reasonable living as a League 1/2 player but would have needed a new career when they hung up their boots (unlike Brighton players of today)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
That's not Albert Jarrett the winger..can't for the life of me recall this one.
Adams MK2 was such a mess. I'm sure both El Abd and Virgo played right wing.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
That's not Albert Jarrett the winger..can't for the life of me recall this one.
Adams MK2 was such a mess. I'm sure both El Abd and Virgo played right wing.
Jason (joined from Preston in January 2009 after they cancelled his contract). Was only with Albion for 6 months:-

JJ.jpg

There is this thread on NSC (but it's after he left and eventually joined Port Vale). Apparently he is now manager of Bury FC Women.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mentioned before, but got very drunk with him in my living room once following a players party. He put a load of YouTube career "highlights" on, over a couple of kebabs or a dirty burger (I forget).

Very much lived up / down to his billing in this article.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here