Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sufjan Stevens - Tonight at the Dome.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I haven't listened to any of his albums (not sure why) since Illinois, which I really liked. I presume the ones I've missed out on are worth checking out?
Michigan is very much in the mould of Illinois tinycowboy so worth trying that one out.
Carrie & Lowell is very good. Give it a couple of listens. :thumbsup:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
My first chance to see what all the fuss was about. I get it. He is mesmeric, the music was superb and beautifully arranged and played. The staging was also excellent. the opening 90 minutes were spellbinding and the 30 minute encore an upbeat contrast. The atmosphere was electric and the standing ovation at the end fully deserved.......and yes it was hipster beard central

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I was there. I'm not familiar with his material, but thought the sound was ethereal and the musicianship top notch. However, I'm not overly impressed by the quality of his material. Perhaps it's too intricate, but I found it instantly forgettable. Some of the great artists make you feel that they are playing for you personally. Sufjan appeared to be playing for himself. It's all about opinions. People are comparing his level of ability with Springsteen, Dylan, Neil Young, Jackson Browne and Bruce Cockburn. Personally, I can't see it, although those that I've mentioned are way past their sell by date, and Sufjan may have his best days ahead of him.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here