Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
atleast ITV have a good base for a documentry / drama in 3 years time :dunce:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I see the sick jokes have started already.
I just got sent this:
santaripper.jpg

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Ive been asked to play rugby at the weekend as Ipswich are short of hookers.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
Question to the law enforcers on here.

I was hearing last night senior policemen on the case saying that the man or Men responsible for this series of murders are probably impotent and possibly gay, do they say these things to make the offender angry and therefore liable to make a mistake in the belief that this will flush him/them out?

Seems to me that he is almost ramping up his crimes in line with the Police activity in the area so this would seem to make sense, although it does seem to be a risky tactic with someone as unstable as this.

They probably said that because the first two women were shown to have not been sexually abused.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Very very tragic. One of the poor girls found yesterday was the one interviewed by ITN at the weekend and said how scared she was but that she had to go out and walk the streets.

Let's hope we can give you the dignity in death that you couldnt find in life. :angel:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
edna krabappel said:
There's no red light district in Brighton as such, because most of the working girls in the city operate from inside premises (hence the proliferation of cards in phone boxes and adverts in the back of the Argus).

Why isn't there a red light district in Brighton - any ideas?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Voroshilov said:

Because Brightons Tom's are probably working for pimps, so are in "massage parlours", brothels etc. where as the Ipswich street girls are working alone? don't know much about this area admittedly.

I do recall that the bottom of St. James's St. Used to have some working girls hanging about, used to get moved on all the time, so not sure where they went after that.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Should point out it wasn't me being moved on, rather the prozzies.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Voroshilov said:
I understood that the area around Norfolk Square and Waterloo Street had been in the fairly recent past. A mate of mine - not me, honest - visited some prostitutes down there about 10 years ago, although it's smartened up a bit in that area now.

I suspect that, like most run-down property in central Brighton, the property boom has finished it off. After all, selling houses for a load of money is an easier way to make a living than pimping or running a brothel, I imagine.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Man of Harveys said:
I understood that the area around Norfolk Square and Waterloo Street had been in the fairly recent past. A mate of mine - not me, honest - visited some prostitutes down there about 10 years ago, although it's smartened up a bit in that area now.

I suspect that, like most run-down property in central Brighton, the property boom has finished it off. After all, selling houses for a load of money is an easier way to make a living than pimping or running a brothel, I imagine.

But that is where most of the massage parlours are, but you never see them on the streets

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
I am confused I thought Brothels were illegal. Are they or arent they?!?!?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i think the police generally turn an eye to a brothel

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what is the derivitive of the word "TOM" to describe a lady of the night?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Dave the Gaffer said:
what is the derivitive of the word "TOM" to describe a lady of the night?

Google Says its Rhyming Slang, derived from "Thomas Moore"= Whore.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I *think* the deal with Brighton not having a red light district is down to an unofficial agreement of a few years back, whereby the authorities turned a more or less blind eye to prostitution in the city, as long as they weren't out touting for business on street corners. Maybe the council thought it was better for the city's image not to have them on the streets.

Most other cities, on the other hand, do have some areas of notoriety. Even a place like Bournemouth has a little corner where the ladies of the night ply their trade- I remember it was on Meridian Tonight a couple of years back, with a number of huffy residents complaining about the sordid men it was attracting
:lolol:

Brighton has numerous massage parlours, saunas, etc. You just have to know where to find them :p

Brothel= a place to which people resort for the purposes of unlawful sexual intercourse with more than one prostitute.

Dave: DNA would still be highly relevant, as someone else pointed out, the chances of all five dead girls having traces of the same person's DNA on them would be a rather large coincidence.
Plus there might be evidence of a struggle, such as DNA under the fingernails, traces of the girls DNA in his van and so on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here