Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sue Gray

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
What Sue Gray comes up with is irrelevant - Johnson will just bluster, bluff, blag, lie and profoundly apologise his way out of it ignoring the facts, peoples opinions and the polls - then he'll lock himself away for a couple of days, get his stooges to do the dirty work being interviewed and quizzed, wait for the headlines to change (eg Russia invading Ukraine anyone?) and then emerge as if nothings happened with a load of Tory "policies" to distract public attention away once and for all.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
What Sue Gray comes up with is irrelevant - Johnson will just bluster, bluff, blag, lie and profoundly apologise his way out of it ignoring the facts, peoples opinions and the polls - then he'll lock himself away for a couple of days, get his stooges to do the dirty work being interviewed and quizzed, wait for the headlines to change (eg Russia invading Ukraine anyone?) and then emerge as if nothings happened with a load of Tory "policies" to distract public attention away once and for all.

I can actually quite easily imagine that Johnson is desperately hoping for a Russian invasion - he seems the type of person who would be willing to sacrifice the deaths of thousands of Ukrainians if it saves his own bacon.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I can actually quite easily imagine that Johnson is desperately hoping for a Russian invasion - he seems the type of person who would be willing to sacrifice the deaths of thousands of Ukrainians if it saves his own bacon.

I remember when Thatcher’s early popularity was ebbing away, a friend commented that the only thing that could save her would be a war. Lo and behold, The Falklands.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Yep. Not much to add to that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know Keith starmer is very very very boring but if he believes a bottle of wine on a garden table is a party, then please bring back Oliver Cromwell we'll be allowed to have so much more fun!

A pensioner with heart failure was going to the allotment for his own vegetables, and arrested. Not much of a party, eh?

[tweet]1483705886480769048[/tweet]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A pensioner with heart failure was going to the allotment for his own vegetables, and arrested. Not much of a party, eh?

[tweet]1483705886480769048[/tweet]

Heartbreaking. I could really let myself get furious about this sort of thing, especially when the police won’t even consider investigating Johnson and his flock of law-breaking flying monkeys.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

It is truly sickening that the police seemed hell-bent on persecuting this guy, yet couldn't be bothered to break up numerous parties in Downing Street, even when a suitcase full of booze was carried past them in full view. It's not only this government's reputation that is in tatters.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I don't agree that her Report findings are irrelevant. If her findings prove beyond reasonable doubt that Boris lied to Parliament and broke his own lockdown rules on a systemic basis then this will end his tenure as PM.

What WILL then be irrelevant is Boris's own reaction to the findings; by that stage his fate will be in the hands of his parliamentary party who will have the power to kick him out of office, and they will do so if they believe the country / the party / they personally will be better off with a different leader.

Starmer now has a significant lead in the polls - it has been handed to him on a plate, and he is not the sort of guy prone to gaffes and poor judgement that will hand it back on a plate either.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I remember when Thatcher’s early popularity was ebbing away, a friend commented that the only thing that could save her would be a war. Lo and behold, The Falklands.

I often wonder how much she paid the Argentinians to invade the Falklands.......................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here