Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sue Gray is Red

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would love to hear which parts of Sue Grays report the Mail and Tory headbangers wish to claim are inaccurate, in the light of her now having some political alignment with a centrist version of Labour.
"It is no clear that the entire process was tainted, and that the investigation should be deemed null and void".

(Oh hang on - that would mean having to ask someone else to repeat the investigation....)

(Is there any way of binning the Gray report without reconsidering the evidence? I can see that Sunak will be considering this. But he will also be considering whether there is any value in attempting to save Johnson's neck, value in terms of whether having Johnson back in parliament is in Sunak's interest, and value in terms of whether there is the slightest snowball's chance in hell of a Johnson whitewash attempt succeeding).

"Let me restate that. Whilst there may be cause for concern over some aspects of the generation of the Gray report, it would be wrong for me to interfere with due process and....."

The headbangers are, I suspect, not going to find Sunak full square behind their conniption fit. No, I think that this time the greased piglet may be done for. How lovely.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
And.....it would be impossible to identify them from the style, tone and relentlessness of their asthenic, nescient, footling one-eyed posts.....
It took me all of about reading 5 posts to work out they were one and the same. That's getting on for nearly 2 minutes of my life I ain't getting back.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
"It is no clear that the entire process was tainted, and that the investigation should be deemed null and void".

(Oh hang on - that would mean having to ask someone else to repeat the investigation....)

(Is there any way of binning the Gray report without reconsidering the evidence? I can see that Sunak will be considering this. But he will also be considering whether there is any value in attempting to save Johnson's neck, value in terms of whether having Johnson back in parliament is in Sunak's interest, and value in terms of whether there is the slightest snowball's chance in hell of a Johnson whitewash attempt succeeding).

"Let me restate that. Whilst there may be cause for concern over some aspects of the generation of the Gray report, it would be wrong for me to interfere with due process and....."

The headbangers are, I suspect, not going to find Sunak full square behind their conniption fit. No, I think that this time the greased piglet may be done for. How lovely.
The Gray report doesn't really matter now. The committee are doing their own investigations anyway - and will have far more weight and impact in the long run.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Are the UK right-wing press really trying to persuade you that the independent investigator (appointed after the original investigator, appointed by Boris was found to have attended the parties) somehow managed to concoct the whole story and involve the police? Just because she has taken another job.

How on earth do they managed to keep selling papers. Surely in this day and age, more people are more enlightened.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Are the UK right-wing press really trying to persuade you that the independent investigator (appointed after the original investigator, appointed by Boris was found to have attended the parties) somehow managed to concoct the whole story and involve the police? Just because she has taken another job.

How on earth do they managed to keep selling papers. Surely in this day and age, more people are more enlightened.
Trust me there a rump of Johnson loving Mail readers will belief this.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Trust me there a rump of Johnson loving Mail readers will belief this.
i laughed out loud yesterday in Waitrose when I saw the headline on the front page of the Mail. Can’t remember the exact wording, but honestly……

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
So the impartial civil servant, Sue Gray, who contucted the Partygate enquiry, is the new chief of staff of the Labour Party. Stinks. Boris was stitched up.
Is this an attempt at satire, sarcasm, tongue in cheek or are you just monumentally stupid? Hard to tell over the internet these days

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022

The last time I checked, circulation across daily newspapers had dropped considerably. Mainly through migration to online, but certainly there’s no chance of the Sun winning anything for anyone these days. If you take the Guardian and the Times you get the centre-left and centre-right opinions. If you can afford to take the FT you get the facts.

Internationally, Reuters online are pretty good, you will need to sign-up but no cost and they’re fair and accurate, but sadly the rest of the British daily print media is frankly not fit for toilet paper. It will confirm your existing biases, and fail to educate or inform.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here