Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Substitutions

LDN

Sep 22, 2011
London
In my opinion Poyet got it all wrong, we had done them all with 21 minutes still on the clock, they were like for like, nothing tactical or worthy of allowing us to get back to controlling the game, which we badly needed to do.

LDN

Sep 22, 2011
London
You have to be a bit mad to be a genius.

I'm not saying this lost it for us but at 1-0 up and not having any form or safe possession we needed to shut up shop, we can't always play beautiful, winning ugly is also important.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am sorry to say this but Kazenga is not up for it in my view, spent force and I hope we do not sign him in January

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I am sorry to say this but Kazenga is not up for it in my view, spent force and I hope we do not sign him in January

Beachy, you have nailed it. Nooney was all over their full backs, not sure why Lua Lua was bought on. I am afraid also Lua Lua is a speeding motor boat without a driver.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Beachy, you have nailed it. Nooney was all over their full backs, not sure why Lua Lua was bought on. I am afraid also Lua Lua is a speeding motor boat without a driver.

I don't like to diss a player but why not Hoskins ?

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton

I thought Noone had his best ever 45 mins today.

But was knackered and disappeared in 2nd.

Lua Lua was the only guy that worried Palace in the 2nd half

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
we needed to shut up shop, we can't always play beautiful, winning ugly is also important.
Nail. Head The. On. Hit.

We can't shut up shop at this level yet, and that's something we need to learn fast (we've lost 4 points already from last gasp equalisers)

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington

Should have taken Barnes off instead of Noone. He did nothing all game.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Should have taken Barnes off instead of Noone. He did nothing all game.

yes well that is another story.

The sooner we give Hoskins a start the better. With his speed and finishing it should give us another dimension.

Barnes seems to play far to deep... as did most of the team today one way or another...

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
nooney is also very effective at helping painter out and lets all be very honest here at the moment he needs all the help he can get. i agree with the op we were lacking up top a bit barnes was not really at the races tonight leaving macca abit isolated and that is not his game. it worked friday putting barnes on the right but not tonight we do need someone who can hold the ball up and wait to bring others in to play, on the rare occasion that macca held the ball back to goal he was to quick releasing it back so no one had that extra bit of time to advance. no one could be sure that hoskins would of made a difference but equally vincente did not, thats not a dig at vincente just did not seem to be his sort of game. in short we were weak up ront and the ball just kept coming back.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

Agree with Noone comment, it was not that difficult to be the best in the second half. yes he crossed two good balls but he does not seem to be leaving the defenders in his wake in championship as much as league 1.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Unfair to blame Barnes. He was not 'at the races' as he was defending that flank all night. We badly need someone to hold the ball up and relieve the pressure when we're defending and that's just not the game for either of our strikers.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
yes well that is another story.

The sooner we give Hoskins a start the better. With his speed and finishing it should give us another dimension.

Barnes seems to play far to deep... as did most of the team today one way or another...
I don't think you can fault Barnes for that though. He's obviosuly been told to play that way.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I very much agree with sir alexs comments earlier on the news that we should not get bullied into playing infront of cameras I know they're supposed to be professionals but 3 games in a week is a little too much i think we should make sure buckley does not get injured and then swap him and noone around every few matches and also what happened to calde tonight he is fast becoming one of my favourite players

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Gus should have had a word in Lloyd Owusu's ear and brought him on for the second half ;)

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
IMHO we tried to shut up shop after 15 minutes. It was never going to work, and was always going to be a question of when they would score, and whether they would get another. Really f***ing disappointed. We were always second to the ball, never seemed to compete in midfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here