Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez BITES again - ***Update: Luis Suarez banned from ALL football for 4 months***

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
All that needs to happen is for him to have all his teeth removed and if he tries to bite anyone again his defence will be "I was trying to suck him off".

I did hear a semi serious comment on the radio that, after his ban, Suarez would have to wear some kind of muzzle to prevent another " These things happen in football all the time.... Suarez, louis. " incident.

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
There's nothing stopping Uruguay setting up nine little friendlies which would help him

Looks like just WC ban. Not sure if it include qualifiers.

from FIFA website:

The player Luis Suárez is to be suspended for nine (9) official matches. The first match of this suspension is to be served in the upcoming FIFA World Cup™ fixture between Colombia and Uruguay on 28 June 2014. The remaining match suspensions shall be served in Uruguay’s next FIFA World Cup match(es), as long as the team qualifies, and/or in the representative team’s subsequent official matches in accordance with art. 38 par. 2a) of the FDC.

So, in theory, could he still be banned in four years time?

May 18, 2013
I think this could have the potential to impact clubs being willing to release their best players for international duty. Liverpool allow their best player to take part in the World Cup and because of something he does there they lose the right to play him at the start of the next season. I'm not saying the ban is wrong, but if I were a business man running a multi million pound business I would think seriously about letting the samed thing happen again.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
There's nothing stopping Uruguay setting up nine little friendlies which would help him

Have to be proper official games, doubt they'd get away with anything underhand and why would nine other nations play along?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think this could have the potential to impact clubs being willing to release their best players for international duty. Liverpool allow their best player to take part in the World Cup and because of something he does there they lose the right to play him at the start of the next season. I'm not saying the ban is wrong, but if I were a business man running a multi million pound business I would think seriously about letting the samed thing happen again.

Liverpool have to release players according to FIFA as do any club, plus no player wants to miss major tournaments , and this is an isolated incident, the WC is not full of biters

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Maybe it might teach clubs to teach their players discipline rather than blindly defending them as Liverpool have done in the past

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The BBC headline says 'nine months', I've only just caught up.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Lenient. Should have been at least 6 months. Also I'd be fascinated to see how Chiellini could have used Photoshop to put a bite mark ON HIS ACTUAL SHOULDER DURING A GAME OF FOOTBALL. The Uruguayans appear to be suffering from some form of collective insanity.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
suarez-bite.gif

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver, Canada

If you were a business man, its highly likely your employee would end up with some sort of criminal conviction for assault for biting someone whilst at work. Either way, when he plays for Uruguay he is still a representative of Liverpool FC. In my opinion the player has compromised himself, FIFA have just laid down the letter of the law.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I wonder if he'll apologise to Chiellini? Sorry, I forgot, he's a Liverpool player and Liverpool don't apologise to Italians...

It is probably about right but the 4 month ban should start in August and see him banned until the January transfer window.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
If it's administrative tasks, doesn't that me registration too, meaning he cannot be registered for the premier league or champions league until the ban is lifted, and the window for registering squads will be shut until at least January.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If it's administrative tasks, doesn't that me registration too, meaning he cannot be registered for the premier league or champions league until the ban is lifted, and the window for registering squads will be shut until at least January.

Yes, appears no one in the media has picked up that yet surprisingly, just waffling on about selling him or not on SSN

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

This fella needs to take a long hard look at himself.
He's clearly not a Liverpool fan :lol::-

Kopite
Today,14:59
We can moan all we want about harshness and swear at FIFA etc

But theres only one idiot that keeps putting himself in positions where they can ban him..... Thanks Luis

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here