Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez at it again

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Agreed. I know it was a different situation but look what it did for Di Canio (catching the ball to stop play because someone was injured (~?) in preference to scoring)

Which nicely sums up why Di Canio will always be fondly remembered as a player (despite pushing a ref over) and Suarez will always be thought of as a ****

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No. He always does that celebration. Nothing to do with how he scored.

The ref gave it so Suarez celebrated. Shit officiating though!

Suarez is the most entertaining footballer in the prem this season.

You've not seen Mata, Van Persie, Michu then!?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
wouldn't it have restored our faith in football and indeed in Liverpool and Suarez if he had admitted the handball to the referee

When has any footballer, at any level, EVER admitted handball?

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Punched the ball in for Liverpool's second goal. Then celebrated by showing his arm to the crowd.
Hope Gus keeps well away this time.

That's his celebration for every goal. Cheating prick though.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Combine Suarez the cheating c**t with Nile Ranger's attitude & ego & it's possible you could just have the biggest twat in footballing history... Or world history for that matter

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Driver8
Having to cheat v a non-league team. What a **** that man is.

TSB
Yeah, you're right. I'm just frustrated that the twat thinks he can do whatever he likes without repercussions

Keegan and Barnes, both very experienced ex pros don't blame him and neither does the Mansfield manager. Sorry, but I think a lot more of their opinion than yours.

He is a great player and seems to be really trying to just get on with his game. Do you really think CMS would chase after the ref to say no goal I handled it? Would that make him a twat who thinks he can do what he likes?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Driver8

TSB
Yeah, you're right. I'm just frustrated that the twat thinks he can do whatever he likes without repercussions

Keegan and Barnes, both very experienced ex pros don't blame him and neither does the Mansfield manager. Sorry, but I think a lot more of their opinion than yours.

He is a great player and seems to be really trying to just get on with his game. Do you really think CMS would chase after the ref to say no goal I handled it? Would that make him a twat who thinks he can do what he likes?

Zzzz. It wasn't that he didn't admit it! It was that he actually punched the ball in. It didn't hit him, he Maradonna'd it in.
Can't speak for the Mansfield manager, but Keegan and Barnes (two of the worst pundits every to have tried the job) are a teeny weeny bit biased towards Liverpool.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Driver8

TSB

CMS would probably of still put it wide!

gollum

Dec 29, 2004
Remember John Crumplin punching the ball in at Cambridge United a few seasons ago and don't remember him asking the referee to disallow it. So I don't blame Saurez for this....the officials are 100% at fault.

However, what should have happened is that Liverpool allow Mansfield to walk the ball into the net to cancel out the goal (this has happened on numerous occasions before). That's assuming the incident was seen by Liverpool's management team.

Another alternative is for Liverpool to offer a replay to Mansfield at Anfield. Again there is a precedent for this a few years ago in a Arsenal v Sheffield United FA Cup tie.

gollum

Dec 29, 2004
Arsenal scored a controversial goal...I think it was after the ball was kicked out for an injury then Arsenal scored from the restart. Arsenal offered to replay the game which was done. No reason why the same can't be offered here.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I'm of the mind that, if it had happened against a Premiership or Championship side, it wouldn't have bothered me that much. But when it happens against a non-league team, for whom most of them this will be the absolute pinnacle of their careers, it leaves a very bad taste in the mouth. Liverpool should be able to defeat Mansfield soundly enough without any foul play involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here