Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stupid Americans

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Seen it many times. There is some videos don't by a Canadian comedian talking to Americans about Canada etc. From that video and my own personal experience I can tell you many are very uneducated about not just us, there neighbours but their own country and even the world. Scaryreally.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Once you get out of the big cities and into the sticks there are some really weird places in the States full of equally weird folk. You want to make sure you have a full tank because you would not want to break down in some of these places! Cletus and Brandine, the trailer trash couple from theSimpsons, are not so far removed from reality.

ryeseagull

Feb 26, 2009
United States
It really is the same in many places, though. You think the chavs in Malvern Way in Hastings have a clue, or wherever you choose to name?

Call it modern life, although it was probably always this way. In the past, no one cared because Britain was the center of a vast global empire. For the moment, that is the United States.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Once you get out of the big cities and into the sticks there are some really weird places in the States full of equally weird folk. You want to make sure you have a full tank because you would not want to break down in some of these places! Cletus and Brandine, the trailer trash couple from theSimpsons, are not so far removed from reality.

Don't know where you have been or even how much experience you have had, but I used to live in Taylors, Greenville, South Carolina, and your comment is very stereotypical. Yeah they have weirdos, but we all have them wherever we live, but I found the people as intelligent as us (golly gosh) and nothing like some people like to portray them. Spend a bit of time and make an educated post, or if you live there, get out a bit more.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Americans are ignorant as a nation on the whole when it comes to the rest of the world.

Only 37% of them have a passport which is extremley low when compared to other western nations. I think England is around the 70% mark.

For a nation with a reasonably affluent society overall they are very insular people which leads a great deal to this percption of ignorance and stupidity.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I know I'm up late, but that is no bother. 'Americans are ignorant' great opening line. So only 37% have a passport, now times that by 280 million, and if you are ever in London see how many come here, probably all 37% of them. I absolutely agree they are insular, but to be fair not that much more insular than us or any other country. Insular kinda says nationalistic, which they are, and I crave for us having a little more pride and patriotism in our country, because I miss it desperately. Americans can be racist, sexist, pig headed, et al .... but it really isn't exclusive to them. They are also the greatest host as a country that I have ever known, outside of the tourist areas. I find them unique, like we are, and inoffensive to the enth. I just dislike negativity about the US, sorry Tyrone, I'm not trying to be argumentative.

Anyway well off topic.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Don't know where you have been or even how much experience you have had, but I used to live in Taylors, Greenville, South Carolina, and your comment is very stereotypical. Yeah they have weirdos, but we all have them wherever we live, but I found the people as intelligent as us (golly gosh) and nothing like some people like to portray them. Spend a bit of time and make an educated post, or if you live there, get out a bit more.

The problem with some people on this board is they cannot recognise tongue in cheek comments. For the record I’ve lived on the West Coast for two years in Portland, Oregon and have been in New York for two years so I have plenty of experience.

In any of my posts on NSC about the USA I’m generally very defensive of Americans. I’ve lived and worked with them for 4 years and yes, they may be insular, but I have found the majority of them to be decent, well-mannered, helpful people.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Dude forget it, my apologies... up to late, drank to much, blah.

Forgot my own rule... don't use the internet when drunk!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I know I'm up late, but that is no bother. 'Americans are ignorant' great opening line. So only 37% have a passport, now times that by 280 million, and if you are ever in London see how many come here, probably all 37% of them. I absolutely agree they are insular, but to be fair not that much more insular than us or any other country. Insular kinda says nationalistic, which they are, and I crave for us having a little more pride and patriotism in our country, because I miss it desperately. Americans can be racist, sexist, pig headed, et al .... but it really isn't exclusive to them. They are also the greatest host as a country that I have ever known, outside of the tourist areas. I find them unique, like we are, and inoffensive to the enth. I just dislike negativity about the US, sorry Tyrone, I'm not trying to be argumentative.

Anyway well off topic.
Very much this,like all races there are good and bad,but this is what comes about when they dumb down history and geography,at school I could name any country and it's capital,main products. About 6 years ago while teaching Art I popped into a geography lesson,what where they teaching..the shifting population and climate change in the UK.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Only 37% of them have a passport which is extremley low when compared to other western nations.

Tyrone my man, Why would they need to have a passport just look at the vastness and diversity of the landscape and to be honest they have everything in one country from coast, desert,mountains the god damn lot. They do not have as much paid hoilday as us Europeans and therefore will tend to spend it with familey etc.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Bet you'd find many Brits of similar iq

thats likly the case. but its bat shit scary that some would agree to bombing a country they dont even know where it is or why they need to bomb it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I can say from personal experience that Americans tend to be poorly educated than ignorant. My ex step daughter was amazed when she visited this country and could not stop asking questions. You have to understand that because of the vast size of America internal travel is not easy and whilst it's true that a large majority don't have passports in a country the size of America and all that it has to see there isn't as much need to go outside of their borders. Okay there are a lot of less intelligent Americans but given that they have a larger population than most countries I don't believe that they have a higher percentage of morons than any other nation. For example I have met plenty of thick Canadians not to mention how many British simpletons I have encountered.

It's easy to see Americans portrayed as buffons but as they have a lot of access to the internet and they ostensibly speak the same language as we do we could easy get this picture of them. Suppose we could understand Chinese people on youtube would we see fewer morons ?

As I say though, I do consider Americans poorly educated as I have seem myself how bad their education system is. It's a fact that richer Americans do not like paying tax thus poorer Americans do without a lot of the things that we for example take for granted. Education is just one of them. Yes they are insular but that's a point that could be made by a lot of countries. People will always continue to criticise American attitudes but I'm sure that the UK has no shortage of detractors internationally because of our attitudes.

thats likly the case. but its bat shit scary that some would agree to bombing a country they dont even know where it is or why they need to bomb it.

True.
However, it's a serious fact that many will allow to be sent/have a family member sent to fight and die in a foreign country for a cause they are not sure of and stoked by another country's president for a religious unbrella-issue designed to veil the fact that it's about manipulation of oil prices our country won't even benefit from ....not to mention that it was detrimental overall to the EU (as Saddam was going to base his economy on the € from the mighty $). No wonder the French and Germans were positively against joining that cause!

Afghanistan might be another thing, but with arrangements as they were and the history of other countries fighting them when the US were supplying the Taliban (!) that seems to indicate a difficult and perhaps dissatisfying outcome (if an outcome can even be reached with any semblance of finality!). Yes, Americans still often DO think they won in Vietnam - which tells you something about how governments control public opinion to suit their agendas. Singular agendas that have become a little sordid, sinister, and less than concerned about their people - who may not have voted them in originally either.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Don't forget that apart from heroin and Al Kyida Afghanistan also has oil.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here