Stuarts Jone's jumper

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
What happened yesterday? Stuart Jones ran out with the team wearing a Grimsby goalkeepers jumper complete with the Jarvis sponsor logo on.
Before kickoff someone gave him a new jumper that looked like it had just been bought at the local JJB Sports although it did have 'Jones 31' on the back. On Tuesday night he had a proper BHA top with 'S. Jones 31' on it.
Prompted a good chant of "does the Kitman know you're here" though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think this has been mentioned already - club either forgot his kit or too tight to buy him a shirt.

Perhaps after the season renewals are completed he can have one :p

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
Beach Hut said:
Think this has been mentioned already - club either forgot his kit or too tight to buy him a shirt.

Sorry if mentioned before - obviously missed it.
Clearly club not too tight to buy him one as he had one on Tuesday night although I can't remember what colour it was - would it have clashed with Grimsby or the officials?

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Inkerman said:
Sorry if mentioned before - obviously missed it.
Clearly club not too tight to buy him one as he had one on Tuesday night although I can't remember what colour it was - would it have clashed with Grimsby or the officials?

Well the officials were in green, which would make sense if it was a colour clash.

I reckon the ref turned up with green kit (which clashed with the keeper's) and yellow (which clashed with the Albion), so Jones had to change.

Nice of Grimsby to lend him some specially adapted gloves as well...

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Was it being used as one of the goalposts?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
chips and gravy said:
Was it being used as one of the goalposts?

It felt like it. They didn't have any ball boys so every time it went out of play the stewards or fans had to retrieve the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports