Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Strong wind and heavy rain forecast tomorrow.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Torrential rain and very strong winds just started in BH2 Dorset, will be with most of you by 11am I guess. Far worse than the rain last Saturday

We are in BH23 and the shops main signs were blown off the building about an hour ago. The hairdressers opposite has suffered the same fate and the winds are getting stronger rather than easing off.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
In Coastal Dorset and trees down all over the place - winds heading East.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
View attachment 116817

So these are presumably heavy trains and will ok, whereas the others were lighter trains and would’ve been blown off their tracks? ???

Or Network Rail have put a blanket speed restriction in place to stop a train smashing into a tree at 90mph and the service has to be thinned out as you can't run the same amount of trains at half the speed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or Network Rail have put a blanket speed restriction in place to stop a train smashing into a tree at 90mph and the service has to be thinned out as you can't run the same amount of trains at half the speed.
Health and safety gone mad.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Blowing a rum ‘un in West Sussex. Lights flickering in Shoreham. Meeting friends for breakfast before we retire to the pub to sit the afternoon out in front of an open fire and Guinness.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Pesky level crossing at Newhaven isn't letting the trees have all the fun. IMG_20191102_104838.jpg

Any updates on the weather conditions? Here in the lofty heights of northern Sussex it is tipping it down and with a strong wind - some of the cheaper cars are going backwards (one for Harry Wilson's Tackle perhaps?).

Are those with active crystal balls able to offer enlightenment as to what the trains may be doing around 13:30?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Bournemouth game seems to be going ahead and it's been worse there... Itd be such a shit day if ours is called off after the rugby too...

It’s not that bad is it. How can a bit of wind be a safety issue?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bournemouth game seems to be going ahead and it's been worse there... Itd be such a shit day if ours is called off after the rugby too...
That's a good point.

Bournemouth has predicted gusts of 70mph, unlike our piffling 50mph.
The rain isn't due to return there until kick off.

I think I'll be making my decision today based on if that match starts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It shouldn't be at all, but we are pretty pathetic in this country these days when it comes to weather
Can you kick a ball in a 70mph wind?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Any chance of this being called off?

I've just been outside and I can't imagine how you can play a game in this wind

Won't be as windy on the pitch though with an enclosed stadium surrounding it... Health and safety around the exposed ground / transport is what I can see it potentially being called off for... :down:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If they can't run trains and 20000 people are stuck without a way to get home.
It should have passed over by full time.

So if trains can get us there, they should be able to get people home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here