Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Striker?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I am gutted about this too, things have never looked so bleak for this tin pot club, sack the board, in fact sack everyone. I’ve had enough of this shit, the window is about to slam shut and we have been faffing about for months.

[emoji23]

Seriously though, wouldn’t it be logical for the moaners to at least wait until the window shuts? It doesn’t really make sense to judge a clubs transfer business when it’s not completed.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not sure why anyone is knocking the thread. the most important issue for the season, failure to get a striker will probably see us struggle again.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I am pretty sure that in a couple of weeks as I stagger up the stairs in WSL and get my first glimpse of the pitch (in a very long time) I shall be very happy and optimistic regardless of if we have a shiny new striker or not.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
[emoji23]

Seriously though, wouldn’t it be logical for the moaners to at least wait until the window shuts? It doesn’t really make sense to judge a clubs transfer business when it’s not completed.

I think its because we have all been here before. We know the area that needs straightening the most. A few rumours later nothing happens and we go into the season with what we have.

Nobody will be surprised if we struggle for goals again and we stumble over the line at the end of the season.

We should have these deals lined up and be in a position to sign them early and give them a decent amount of pre-season.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think its because we have all been here before. We know the area that needs straightening the most. A few rumours later nothing happens and we go into the season with what we have.

Nobody will be surprised if we struggle for goals again and we stumble over the line at the end of the season.

We should have these deals lined up and be in a position to sign them early and give them a decent amount of pre-season.

When was this the last time it happened? Certainly wasnt last year as both Zeqiri and Welbeck joined. Wasnt the summer before either, when Maupay arrived.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
When was this the last time it happened? Certainly wasnt last year as both Zeqiri and Welbeck joined. Wasnt the summer before either, when Maupay arrived.

exactly then. Welbeck was signed on a 1 year contract as someone who could perhaps 'do a job' after failing at watford due to injuries. Zeqiri was also a cheap punt.

Welbeck did better than I thought but he isn't the long term solution.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Out of interest, there’s a lot of people in this thread grumbling about its existence, what exactly were you expecting it to be about? If it’s what you thought it would be why bother opening it?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
exactly then. Welbeck was signed on a 1 year contract as someone who could perhaps 'do a job' after failing at watford due to injuries. Zeqiri was also a cheap punt.

No, not then. The club signed new strikers, meaning it didnt go into the season with what it had. Try again.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
not sure why anyone is knocking the thread. the most important issue for the season, failure to get a striker will probably see us struggle again.

What is it they say? If you don't learn the lessons of the past, you are doomed to repeat them in the future. Club seem to operate on the antiquated notion that there's undiscovered gems to be bought cheaply from all four corners of the earth. Despite the fact that every promising player everywhere has been on every smart club's radar since the age of about six. Algorithms won't help here, and in the Albion's case visual scouting doesn't seem to help very much either. It's all about buy cheap, realise mistake, sell at a loss. One day they might eventually learn what the guys in the cheap seats know earlydoors ie you can't do decent EPL strikers on the cheap :shrug:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I think it would be safe to assume we wouldn’t have signed Welbeck if we’d have secured Nunez, Watkins or McBurnie, and we shouldn’t really pretend that Zeqiri played a big role or made a big impact.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
On a side note can people stop doing that thing where if more than one person posts it then loads of people do? It's not funny, it just makes you seem like you should be in care.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
messigrand.jpg

messigrand1.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On a side note can people stop doing that thing where if more than one person posts it then loads of people do? It's not funny, it just makes you seem like you should be in care.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here