Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker Ugarte seals Crewe exit

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
His goalscoring record for Wrexham at this level was superb, not sure he'll leave the north west however.

Last edited:

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Dario Gradi strikes me as a good judge of a player and Crewe are unlikely to have funds to splah out on many new faces, so if he's released him before his contract expires, there must be somethng amiss.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
A52 Seagull said:
Dario Gradi strikes me as a good judge of a player and Crewe are unlikely to have funds to splah out on many new faces, so if he's released him before his contract expires, there must be somethng amiss.

I think that's a very good point.

Shame because he did scores bagfuls of goals at this level, and in a very poor side. I would also expect him to happy to go wherever the chance took him, as demonstrated by him moving over from Spain to get his chance at Wrexham.

I guess injuries have left him short of the player Wrexham had.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He used to embarass himself with wack beatboxery and no pavement turtle to match his two-tongue stereo when he'd sneakily hang rep with the Rock Steady Crewe.

middle_temp_pic.jpg

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Gritt23 said:
I would also expect him to happy to go wherever the chance took him, as demonstrated by him moving over from Spain to get his chance at Wrexham.
Not quite, he moved here with his friend Xabi Alonso, he had a trial at Liverpool before signing for Wrexham.

Silent Bob said:
he moved here with his friend Xabi Alonso, he had a trial at Liverpool before signing for Wrexham.

More than just friends if you believe the North Walian gossips!
Apparently he is coming back to Wrexham, that is what I hear.

Personally I think he is now too injury-prone to be worth a Wrexham contract.
He came back to us on loan twice next season, he didn't last 45 minutes in either spell.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Silent Bob said:
Not quite, he moved here with his friend Xabi Alonso, he had a trial at Liverpool before signing for Wrexham.

Amounts to the same thing doesn't it? He came over here for a trial at Liverpool, missed out and got a contract at Wrexham.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
captainmorganrum said:

Oh, I see!

In which case, yes, I guess he would be somewhat keen on staying in the area.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
captainmorganrum said:
Yes, quite. ;)

Gritt23 said:
Amounts to the same thing doesn't it? He came over here for a trial at Liverpool, missed out and got a contract at Wrexham.
But Wrexham is not a million miles from Liverpool is it? And neither is Crewe.

Anyway I suspect he will end up back at The Racecourse.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I have watched him a few times overthe past two seasons - including the Wrexham v Wycombe game when he was injured most recently.

He is a live wire striker who likes a free role up front - makes as well as scores goals - could be a good srike partner for CKR!

But agree that he has more than his fair share of injuries

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here