Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker signed..for development squad

Dec 29, 2011
Aren't Pappoe and Cole from Chelsea too? How many Chelsea dropouts have we had in our ranks in the past 4-5 year, and is there a reason for it (i.e. ex Chelsea scout or something).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Aren't Pappoe and Cole from Chelsea too? How many Chelsea dropouts have we had in our ranks in the past 4-5 year, and is there a reason for it (i.e. ex Chelsea scout or something).

Since 2010, the following have signed for us at some point, having previously been at Chelsea:-

Liam Bridcutt
Anton Rodgers
Ben Sampayo
Rohan Ince
Jesse Starkey
George Cole
Danny Pappoe
Chike Kandi

We have also had the following play matches for us on trial, but not sign:-

Ismail Seremba
Connor Hunte

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He was convinced to sign for the correct Albion by his former Stamford Bridge colleagues:-

Chike: Move Influenced By New Team-Mates

I do like this bit:-

“I was on trial at West Brom when Simon Ireland spotted me at the game when I played against Brighton earlier this month. Simon called Mark Anderson to say try and get this boy in.

“So Mark called my Mum, and .....”

Phone rings in the Kandi household:

Mrs Kandi: Hello?

Mark Anderson: Hello, is that Mrs Kandi?

Mrs K: Yes, who is this?

MA: Mark Anderson from Brighton and Hove Albion. Can Chike come out and play with us?

Mrs K: Well, okay, but he has to be home in time for tea.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can I guess...Never? Muir who we refused to play and he ended up as Tranmere's all time top scorer, is the only one that springs to mind.

Muir didn't come through our development squad; we signed him from Birmingham and he was in his 20s when he came to us. I can't think of any successful strikers in my 47 years of watching the Albion who came through the youth squad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here