Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker Ashley Barnes*set to leave Turf Moor

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was absolutely toilet first time around.

Of the many things I disagree with on NSC I think that this opinion and others like it is the one I disagree with most. Must have been watching a totally different player to me :shrug:

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Be sad to see him go, always rated him and last season at Watford he covered two roles whilst a real nuisance to the Watford defence. All the while our 18 million pacy striker was outpaced by Kaboul.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Our sights should be higher than both Barnes and Ulloa. However, beggars can't be choosers as they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It won't be us unfortunately, but I'd love it, if he did come back. I could wear my signed shirt again.

Quick search, it seems to be WBA, after him.

Agreed, I love Ashley too. He would be ideal in my opinion, works hard, a great ling up player, makes goals, and scores a few him self too. Also has that vital Premier League experience, that we are sadly lacking at the moment.

But as you say, he is set for a new adventure now. Just hope the Brummies can understand his West Country burr, if it's the Baggies he is destined for.

By the way, l hope you do still wear his shirt anyway, retro is very much in.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Our sights should be higher than both Barnes and Ulloa. However, beggars can't be choosers as they say.

Not that I think either will come, but they are experienced Premier League players, which is what we need.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we only get one striker in I'd settle for it being Barnes.

I have probably missed this somewhere on the thread but what is the reason he is leaving?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Exactly the sort of player Pullis tends to like. Personally, I'm not sure he is the kind of player we are looking for though, much as I was a big Barnes fan in his time here.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Are barn doors bigger in the premiership.
I must admit he did frustrate me however he did give a 100% and got more experience now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here