Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stream for tonight?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We were woeful tonight. If we play like that in the Championship we'll be down by Christmas. No ideas, no attacking commitment, no flair, no passion. We desperately need some QUALITY players. No doubt, however, the club is on the case. :rolleyes:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We were woeful tonight. If we play like that in the Championship we'll be down by Christmas. No ideas, no attacking commitment, no flair, no passion. We desperately need some QUALITY players. No doubt, however, the club is on the case. :rolleyes:

so all in all your quite optimistic then

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
so all in all your quite optimistic then

Not at the moment Lamie. But it's nothing that 2-3 quality signings wouldn't change.:lol: I know it was only a friendly but as a spectacle it was truly awful.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not at the moment Lamie. But it's nothing that 2-3 quality signings wouldn't change.:lol: I know it was only a friendly but as a spectacle it was truly awful.

i think that if we thought last year was a season of transition ....it was nothing compared to what we might see this coming one....lets hope we are full of optimism come full-time a fortnight saturday

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
4 = Crofts

Walton looked good enough to start yet again :)

Disappointed by Chicksen tonight, looked better other times seen him. Thought Ince bit lazy and Kemi average but we have Stephens, Crofts and Toko with JFC in the mix so

Just need a LB for me and maybe a sparky winger/forward/striker type who can do the lot. Happy if later is a loan assuming we can't find that good a player for a permanent as think need the extra little bit of class there. March isn't ready to start yet regularly

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
i think that if we thought last year was a season of transition ....it was nothing compared to what we might see this coming one....lets hope we are full of optimism come full-time a fortnight saturday

I agree but I have this nagging feeling that the club think that we're better than we really are and will not be averse to taking risks when it comes to making do with what we have. But what do I know? Probably sweet FA - some would say, as usual.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yeah, but strong?! They'll be lucky to finish top 16 in the league below.
Little concerned Posh may put us to the sword Saturday.

Nightmare at London Road ???

Dec 29, 2011
To be competing for the play-offs I think we need a LB, RB, 'keeper, winger and big striker. Not an easy task but our squad is thin right now and some of the positions are filled with weak players.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
To be competing for the play-offs I think we need a LB, RB, 'keeper, winger and big striker. Not an easy task but our squad is thin right now and some of the positions are filled with weak players.

You're absolutely right. I just hope that we are pulling out all the stops to address these deficiencies before the season starts.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Walton and Fenelon look good. Fenelon is fast, direct, strong and seems to make good decisions.
Chicksen, however, is having a mare. Looks too weak, and keeps falling over.

Would be happy with Walton starting he looks a great prospect. Reminds me a bit of Courtois of Chelsea and he started getting games at 19 on loan to big clubs. I think we need a right back as well as a left back, Calde looked lost when he got the ball in their half. I can't believe we haven't tied up Ward especially now that we have the Ulloa money. Not sure that Kaz can play that role in the middle and unless your fall backs can cross a ball then CMS is wasted. As many have said the starting line up against Wednesday will be vastly different. Lets hope we sign some quality before then. I suspect we are waiting for Prem squads to be announced before we get one or two in on loan. Would be surprised if we got a couple from Liverpool. I am still struggling to understand what Burke brings to the table though, surely he must have identified someone worth looking at and if Sami has suggested a few names it looks like not much has changed from last year. Hopefully the next few days will prove otherwise. The old adage we will only sign people who are better than what we have got is trotted out, but we are weaker now than we were last year and there must be loads of players out there that are better than what we have got within our budget unless we really haven't got any money to spend.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Would be happy with Walton starting he looks a great prospect. Reminds me a bit of Courtois of Chelsea and he started getting games at 19 on loan to big clubs. I think we need a right back as well as a left back, Calde looked lost when he got the ball in their half. I can't believe we haven't tied up Ward especially now that we have the Ulloa money. Not sure that Kaz can play that role in the middle and unless your fall backs can cross a ball then CMS is wasted. As many have said the starting line up against Wednesday will be vastly different. Lets hope we sign some quality before then. I suspect we are waiting for Prem squads to be announced before we get one or two in on loan. Would be surprised if we got a couple from Liverpool. I am still struggling to understand what Burke brings to the table though, surely he must have identified someone worth looking at and if Sami has suggested a few names it looks like not much has changed from last year. Hopefully the next few days will prove otherwise. The old adage we will only sign people who are better than what we have got is trotted out, but we are weaker now than we were last year and there must be loads of players out there that are better than what we have got within our budget unless we really haven't got any money to spend.

Loanees? We need some permanent signings first I think.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I can't believe I wasted an evening and £50 on that. Uninspiring, insipid, lacking ideas and pretty bloody poor. Kemy and Calde lit the right hand side up less effectively than most people light farts.

Lots of room to improve... so I guess that's the positive to take from tonight.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Was at the game as thoughts as follows with the proviso that this was a pre season game which makes it harder to judge.

Walton - looks OK - needs to beef himself up a bit.
Maksimenko - looked OK at CB - did not have that much to do but looks comfortable on the ball.
Chicksen - again looks OK but nothing special - not moved on much since this time last year.
CMS - needs to play alongside another striker - we have been saying this for 3 years now.
Kaz - did not look sharp
Solly - looked sharp and then got injured after about 10 mins.
Calderon - looked slow and slightly overweight to me
Ince - OK - nothing special
JFK - same as last year - not creative enough and has gone backwards
Kemy - considering he is playing for his career - not good enough -
Goodwin - has filled out since last time i saw him play - he is a prospect.
Gordon - same as last year
Buckley - hamstring stayed intact - was played as a center forward - is this our new plan for him?
Sami - remained seated for almost the entire game - a downbeat version of Oscar.
None of the new signings were on show.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Was at the game as thoughts as follows with the proviso that this was a pre season game which makes it harder to judge.

Walton - looks OK - needs to beef himself up a bit.
Maksimenko - looked OK at CB - did not have that much to do but looks comfortable on the ball.
Chicksen - again looks OK but nothing special - not moved on much since this time last year.
CMS - needs to play alongside another striker - we have been saying this for 3 years now.
Kaz - did not look sharp
Solly - looked sharp and then got injured after about 10 mins.
Calderon - looked slow and slightly overweight to me
Ince - OK - nothing special
JFK - same as last year - not creative enough and has gone backwards
Kemy - considering he is playing for his career - not good enough -
Goodwin - has filled out since last time i saw him play - he is a prospect.
Gordon - same as last year
Buckley - hamstring stayed intact - was played as a center forward - is this our new plan for him?
Sami - remained seated for almost the entire game - a downbeat version of Oscar.
None of the new signings were on show.

Kemy not good enough? What game were you watching? Easily one of the best players on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here