Strange MOM

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Did anyone else think it strange that Bruno was given the sponsors MOM. I thought Hammond and Bridders were the only players that had ok games.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Yeah Bruno had his worst game for us yesterday. Not sure some of our 'sponsors' that choose the MOTM are football fans, more like a nice day out!!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that Bridcutt wasn't as good as normal and was lucky to have not got 1 or more yellow cards with his reckless challenges. My MOM would have been Lopez until he tired. But as ewe2 says Woodgate was the best player on the field.

D

Deleted member 18477

None of our players deserved it. Pointless MOM if its not allowed to be given to both sets of players. Emnes or woodgate for me!

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
Bruno cheaply gave the ball away that led to their goal. Apart from that one mistake I thought he had a pretty decent game tbf, but when your mistake leads to the only goal in a game you surely cannot be voted MOM.

D

Deleted member 18477

Agree with you but the title of the award is "Albion Man of the Match" - it should be changed to "Man of the Match"

It's a sponsor thing isn't it. Clearly has a purpose for the club... To the fans it's just stupid unless its simply MOM like it is after each game on sky etc.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
He played better than he did at Derby but there were others better than him out there yesterday.

Seems to be who the sponsor would like their photo taken with ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports