Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Strange happenings this morning / Banned IP addresses

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For those that care or are interested, it is a problem with Rackspace:

During the IP changeover maintenance last night issues began coming up where the remote address of the visitor is not being forwarded properly. We're still looking into the cause and resolution, but unfortunately do not have an ETR. We'll keep you up-to-date on the problem in this ticket.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah !

Actually, just cut n' paste em on here, lets see if we can work out who's who for a bit of Friday afternoon FUN :)

E.g. Who wrote this:

I can't log on to NSC. Sort it out Bozza. I asked Gus what he thought of this and he told me your a massive tw@t.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

During the IP changeover maintenance last night issues began coming up where the remote address of the visitor is not being forwarded properly. We're still looking into the cause and resolution, but unfortunately do not have an ETR. We'll keep you up-to-date on the problem in this ticket.

Sadly this is far from fixed, and login process is displaying much the same problems late afternoon as it did early morning for much of the time. Reckon the site must be due a day's reimbursement of hosting charges from its hostys.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sadly this is far from fixed, and login process is displaying much the same problems late afternoon as it did early morning for much of the time. Reckon the site must be due a day's reimbursement of hosting charges from its hostys.

Sorry, yes, I appreciate its not fixed. I was just posting that to illustrate that it's not my fault for a change.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry, yes, I appreciate its not fixed. I was just posting that to illustrate that it's not my fault for a change.

Apologies [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] if you misconstrued my post, I have never suggested for one moment that it was your fault. Far from it mate.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Oooo now that's an interesting one. Sounds like someone's misconfigured a router somewhere in Rackspace's network.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I suspect it's something like that. I haven't been able to quickly find the owner of the IP address (day job) but I've raised a ticket with Rackspace - they tend to be quick.

Ahaaaaa rack space.

One of our competitors

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here