Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Storm Ciaran on its way or here?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The Arun is breaching at Arundel as it is!!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I don't expect my fences to withstand the onslaught that is for sure, can't get anyone to fit new ones as it is, no access garden off elm grove, fence menders will be inundated come Friday morning.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's lovely here in Faversham.

Can we call this 'storm Dulard' (I appreciate this is a spelling deviation)?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Worthing College has already announced they are closed tomorrow due to the anticipated winds.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Meant to be hitting the coast in the next few hours, seen forecasts of winds around 100mph on the south east and south west coast for tomorrow.

Actually, maybe that was 100km p/h. Either way, pretty windy.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A reminder that Big Jet TV should be your viewing tomorrow.

Met a mate who's a Virgin pilot on the lunchtime dog walk, and he said he'd been called up to fly to Shanghai tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets on, although it's the landings that are more "fun" than the take-offs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ventusky weather app is fairly accurate. The storm is over the Isles of Scilly at the moment, and the Channel Islands have a red warning.
Its a yellow warning for Sussex, which isn’t too bad, although the ferry has cancelled the 23.00 sailing and tomorrow mornings.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Meant to be hitting the coast in the next few hours, seen forecasts of winds around 100mph on the south east and south west coast for tomorrow.

Actually, maybe that was 100km p/h. Either way, pretty windy.

It’ll be 100kmph as that’s 60mph. Not really started yet. Kicks off later tonight

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A reminder that Big Jet TV should be your viewing tomorrow.

Met a mate who's a Virgin pilot on the lunchtime dog walk, and he said he'd been called up to fly to Shanghai tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets on, although it's the landings that are more "fun" than the take-offs.

One of our engineers flew to Dublin this morning. The pilot managed to land the plane, on the THIRD attempt! :eek:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just as I checked out BigJet they had an emergency landing, hydrolics and flap problems. Landed safely.
Sand bags at the ready meanwhile here in Uckfield. The town wont flood as they've built flood defences which back the river up to a flood plain, right outside my house.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
very much lull before the storm. radar shows large rainfall creeping up the channel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here