Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Storks in Sussex

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
This thread should be renamed to NSC Stalk Watch. Do they spend the whole year in the UK?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Here we go again, man messing about with nature.
Weren't there hundreds of Mink released from Knepp a few years ago? How many are there now? None.
How many storks will be there in 5 years time? I'm guessing none as well.

Mink have never been native to the uk, they were imported to farm for fur. The releases were done by animal rights activists (not from Knepp as far as I know, unlikely they’d be rearing mink) and the ****ers are absolutely everywhere in our waterways (loads in mid Sussex, see them all the time - mink, that is, not activists, they are all in the vegan caffs in Brighton obvs)

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Mink have never been native to the uk, they were imported to farm for fur. The releases were done by animal rights activists (not from Knepp as far as I know, unlikely they’d be rearing mink) and the ****ers are absolutely everywhere in our waterways (loads in mid Sussex, see them all the time - mink, that is, not activists, they are all in the vegan caffs in Brighton obvs)

Can I add another vote to the utter stupidity of the countrywide release of mink into our ecology by well meaning activists.

****ing idiots.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I saw an interview with fur farmer many years ago, I was and am not keen on the fur trade, but the ****er gave me pause for thought, he said "people eat meat and think thats ok, but if I kill these for their fur people get upset, well the mink doesn't care if you eat it or skin it once it is dead."

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I saw an interview with fur farmer many years ago, I was and am not keen on the fur trade, but the ****er gave me pause for thought, he said "people eat meat and think thats ok, but if I kill these for their fur people get upset, well the mink doesn't care if you eat it or skin it once it is dead."

We wear leather shoes, use leather bags etc after eating the beef.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Strange thing, l do a fair amount of walking in the local countryside, yet have never, to my knowledge, come across mink.

Perhaps they never wander west of Bolney, who knows? lol

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yes activists let go mink but they were escaping into the in wild before that. I honestly don't think you can compare eating meat and using fur. Fur farming has no place in a civilised society. At some point we will be forced to abandon eat meat especially beef as the cost of production increases.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I am convinced that l came across a pair flying low in the sky, on one of my regular weekend walks across the fields to Wineham earlier this summer.

Such majestic birds.

So if they are birds you like and consider majestic they don`t shit or cause vermin? And before any smart arse comment that you feel alleviates you from your earlier comment on basically birds are bad news,you might want to know they make their nests on and around chimneys ,all around Europe,and return EVERY year,you lucky man could be you ......by the way they are protected same as Gulls .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here