Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop judging gus

Walker_this_way

Oct 18, 2011
I for one am ashamed that so many people are calling for gus to quit. He's the one who brought us to this stage and we're still mid table. What did everyone think would happen? Did they expect us to be top of the table? This is a toug league, yeah we haven't been playing well but that isn't gus's fault, we played the same style at the beginning of the season and won games, so stop judging the gaffer. No matter where we finish this season, as long as we stay up gus has a right to stay.

A great manager, who wears his hart on his sleeve and is now a Brighton legend

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Walker_this_way;4597519What did everyone think would happen? Did they expect us to be top of the table? [/QUOTE said:
This is what pisses me off ... how credible does that sound ... many talk about perspective well can I suggest the "Gus can do no wrong brigade" do the same.

For the record, the jury's out for me ... he did a great job last season, not sure this but he needs time.

I'd also wonder what would happen if Spurs picked up phone tomorrow and said "come be our Manager, Harry's taken the England job/been locked up" loyalty is fine ... to a point

Last edited:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I for one am ashamed that so many people are calling for gus to quit. He's the one who brought us to this stage and we're still mid table. What did everyone think would happen? Did they expect us to be top of the table? This is a toug league, yeah we haven't been playing well but that isn't gus's fault, we played the same style at the beginning of the season and won games, so stop judging the gaffer. No matter where we finish this season, as long as we stay up gus has a right to stay.

He has got us promoted to the 2nd division of English football that hardly qualifys him for legend status.That is not knocking his achievements so far

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

I know how you feel but I believe that it's only a small number of the usual miserable toe rags who expect instant results and demand immediate change if things get a bit rocky.

They have no perspective; they weren't there or they've forgotten where we've been and don't understand what Tony & Gus are trying to build for the future of our club

Their "NSC" negativity is far outweighed by the "real life" hard core support

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Who's actually calling for him to get the sack then? A handful on here - if that.

Sake. :glare:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
This is what pisses me off ... how credible does that sound ... many talk about perspective well can I suggest the "Gus can do no wrong brigade" do the same.

For the record, the jury's out for me ... he did a great job last season, not sure this but he needs time.

I'd also wonder what would happen if Spurs picked up phone tomorrow and said "come be our Manager, Harry's taken the England job/been locked up" loyalty is fine ... to a point

I don't think Spurs would be that stupid

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
He has got us promoted to the 2nd division of English football that hardly qualifys him for legend status.That is not knocking his achievements so far

Barry Lloyd was a far superioir manager in my book and he is not considered a legend

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Has anyone called for him to quit? I can only think of one post wishing he'd walk away, and that was to make the fans realise what he means to us rather than wanting him gone.

Do give over, you dear hearted tender sensitive weena.
I have yet to see anyone calling for Gus to "quit", and nobody is bigger than the club so get ready for it to start happening if he can't suss out how to get our team playing to a high standard. He KNOWS that's the way it is himself FFS!
Look, he was closest to management responsibility when he was second in command to Ramos AT SPURS where they were desperately unsuccessful, so he isn't going to get snapped up by them either unless our club turns into a regularly winning one.

His tactics ARE suspect, and this forum is where we express all doubts and fears about anyone and everyone.

So stick your head back in the sand and you 'quit' telling people how shameful it all is.
Did you stick up for Magoo as well? Howabout Adams II? If so, please find someone to cuddle with.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Do give over, you dear hearted tender sensitive weena.
I have yet to see anyone calling for Gus to "quit", and nobody is bigger than the club so get ready for it to start happening if he can't suss out how to get our team playing to a high standard. He KNOWS that's the way it is himself FFS!
Look, he was closest to management responsibility when he was second in command to Ramos AT SPURS where they were desperately unsuccessful, so he isn't going to get snapped up by them either unless our club turns into a regularly winning one.

His tactics ARE suspect, and this forum is where we express all doubts and fears about anyone and everyone.

So stick your head back in the sand and you 'quit' telling people how shameful it all is.
Did you stick up for Magoo as well? Howabout Adams II? If so, please find someone to cuddle with.

Absolute rubbish, have you read the first page of the 'Is gus safe?' thread. Pretty clear what they want, I reckon, as well as a few others, who will whinge about Gus in most threads.
My advice to them would be, see which posters agree with your view and think to yourself, are you happy in that company?
Now you seem to have entered the fray, I guess that is more Valid than ever.

Absolute rubbish, have you read the first page of the 'Is gus safe?' thread. Pretty clear what they want, I reckon, as well as a few others, who will whinge about Gus in most threads.
My advice to them would be, see which posters agree with your view and think to yourself, are you happy in that company?
Now you seem to have entered the fray, I guess that is more Valid than ever.

You should put "Gus" in front of your name on here then.
He's not beyond criticism, except with R'Slickers like you of course.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
You should put "Gus" in front of your name on here then.
He's not beyond criticism, except with R'Slickers like you of course.

Maybe I should as I don't think he is deserving, yet, of some of the shit being thrown around. It's all a bit knee jerk and ungratefull if you ask me.
Do you think he needs replacing then?

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Gus is a good manager but the problem with him is that he is not as good as he thinks he is. Anyone of the view that he is perfect, or some kind of god like legend. needs a serious reality check. Simply my opinion, of course.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The usual shit, no one is calling for his head, people are perfectly within their rights to question him, he is not perfect as he has demonstrated in several ways this season.

Will you be happy if he signs Paynter on a permanent deal in January for example?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
While I think that some people are getting carried away at the moment, NSC is something of a rolling judgement on the manager of the day.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will you be happy if he signs Paynter on a permanent deal in January for example?

If he proves to be able to do the job that Gus thinks he can do the answer would be a resounding Yes. Gus obviously sees something in him that we dont. Radio Sussex commentary on Saturday said him and Harley were having a good game but you wouldnt think so by the ratings on here.

Maybe I should as I don't think he is deserving, yet, of some of the shit being thrown around. It's all a bit knee jerk and ungratefull if you ask me.
Do you think he needs replacing then?

Actually no! But I'm not seeing others saying he should be either.
No doubt there has to be times when clubs are not soaring, managers get the steely gaze of supporters - and not because we are fickle or treacherous, fair weather swains - because we are only interested in the club's best interests. The pressure is hardly on Poyet at all, but then that affords him a pressure of questions when he can't get a decent result.
We know he's not expected to gain us promotion in one season, but he's certainly not going to be tolerated if he was bringing failures and relegation struggles!

He's not beyond critique. He might not like criticism and threaten to "go home", but little appeases the fans more than a win.
There was euphoria despite a loss against Burnley, but it didn't kick on to a win on the rebound - we carried on the latest tradition of losses. Not good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here