Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We were safe weeks ago, and YOU know it! :wink:

No we weren't, and we aren't now - we are probably safe, but nothing more, and a plague on those who tempt the fates by prematurely proclaiming that we are safe already!

On the other hand, looking up instead of down for a while, there was a lot of talk during yesterday's south coast derby at St. Mary's about Plucky Little amazingly finishing above Saints for the first time since lor' knows when and being the top team on the south coast. They're one point ahead of us, just one..........a couple of fluke results and it could be us! Plus, we're only a point behind Palarse - with a game in hand!
Finish above those two? - well, I can dream, can't I? - at least until that too, along with relegation, becomes mathematically impossible.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sterling brought down by Cresswell's momentum, obvious pen in real time and slow mo. Neville and commentator called it correctly.

Shocking by the officials.

You can see why no English officials are going to the WC. So many errors in their game.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Spurs v Watford tomorrow.

A Watford loss would be most welcome - as then a draw v Man Utd would put us above them ( and Bournemouth, incidently).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not really, but there still is a set of circumstances to give us pause to thought. Unlikely, but still very possible. Many of us on here has been supporters long enough and seen enough to know we shouldn't rest until we're really safe.
Indeed.
I've said all season that we'd go down, but I suspect we probably would have been safe on 34 points
:eek: I'd think we'd go down with 34

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The only real sensible permutation is that we need to match Swansea & Southampton next week. If they both lose (or Swansea lose and Southampton draw), we're definitely safe because of their game against each other.

But if we don't it goes to the wire.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Updated to show how tough the others find their run ins :

Southampton : 5 points behind

Everton A
Swansea A
Man City H

Swansea : 4 points behind

Bournemouth A
Southampton H
Stoke H

Huddersfield : 2 points behind

Man City A
Chelsea A
Arsenal H

West Ham : 2 points behind

Leicester A
Man Utd H
Everton H

Watford, Bournemouth, Palace still not safe yet, either - hopefully Watford get stuffed at Spurs tonight.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Updated to show how tough the others find their run ins :

Watford, Bournemouth, Palace still not safe yet, either - hopefully Watford get stuffed at Spurs tonight.
Yes they are safe. To many teams between that lot

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes they are safe. To many teams between that lot
We are *pragmatically safe* as well. This is about *mathematical safety*.

40 points is the current *mathematical safety target*

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
OK Dave time to nail your true colours to the mast. If it had to be BHA or Huddersfield taking the final relegation spot, who would you want to stay up???

As you know me, I actually find that quite insulting.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sterling brought down by Cresswell's momentum, obvious pen in real time and slow mo. Neville and commentator called it correctly.

Shocking by the officials.

You can see why no English officials are going to the WC. So many errors in their game.

Is that true? No English officials going to the WC. That is a really sad indirement of the premier league if correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here