Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We were near signing Grabban and had we matched Bournemouths wage offer them selling him to Norwich wouldnt have been a consideration. We also lost out on Stephen Ward. Glenn Murray and Ashley Barnes over wages.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What has having crap strikers got to do with all the mistakes Stockdale makes, he really is just an awful keeper who should be playing in the Conference

Because if you're scoring lots of goals the howlers made by the goalie become less significant.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I hate having to listen to Johnny Cantor when I cannot get to matches, as you can't tell where the ball is on the pitch half of the time.

I blame Cantor, it seems that almost every time we concede, he subtlety blames the keeper. Our merry band of radio fans on the match thread then jump on the same old bandwagon.
Once again, when fans that were at the game come on, it proves to be wrong again.
Never stops them though.

Oh dear somebody are obviously started on Cantor on twitter now :facepalm:

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Because if you're scoring lots of goals the howlers made by the goalie become less significant.

But he is still making lots of mistakes that cost goals , I can't believe how people are now blaming the strikers for Stockdale cock ups , our strikers are crap I agree but don't blame them for Stockdale being crap

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But he is still making lots of mistakes that cost goals , I can't believe how people are now blaming the strikers for Stockdale cock ups , our strikers are crap I agree but don't blame them for Stockdale being crap

I'll spell it out for you. All keepers make mistakes. Stockdale has made less, than a lot of other keepers in the Championship, by shipping fewer goals.
The reason for our position in the league is not down to mistakes by Stockdale, but by lack of goals from the rest of the team.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Signing Stockdale has been one of the best things about this season. You can clearly see the pain every defeat, every goal conceded causes him and his drive and determination to succeed is something many of the squad could learn from. On form he is much better than Kuszczak, he has embraced the club and the fans and has rapidly become one of my favourite players. Long may he stay.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I guess you don't go to many games, or do you just ignore the numerous savers he makes

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I guess you don't go to many games, or do you just ignore the numerous savers he makes

Been to every home game , sure he makes saves , but he makes too many mistakes , can't remember an Albion keeper making so many mistakes that lead to goals , and I been a supporter for over 30 years , his mistakes nearly all happen at vital times in the games and tend to be game changing , you can't of been to many games if you forgotten all the mistakes he has made this season .

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Been to every home game , sure he makes saves , but he makes too many mistakes , can't remember an Albion keeper making so many mistakes that lead to goals , and I been a supporter for over 30 years , his mistakes nearly all happen at vital times in the games and tend to be game changing , you can't of been to many games if you forgotten all the mistakes he has made this season .

Or maybe you're only see what backs up your views. Whatever you might claim, you clearly have a personal issue with Stockdale as you only post when to slag him off. Fact is he's been one of our better players this season despite a tough start and I don't understand the abuse he gets on here and twitter.

This thread is a classic example of NSC's issues. 18 pages of posts on a thread started because someone assumed Stockdale made a mistake without actually seeing the incident. If you watch the incident, there's nothing Stockdale could have done.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
What odds that Stockdale is player of the season next year?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The penalty save against Birmingham changed that match and was, in my opinion, the sole catalyst for staying up. There's plenty of blame to go around and Stockdale is no worse than anyone else. If we were to end the season now (God I wish we could), nobody would get above a 5/10 except perhaps Dunk.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If we were to end the season now (God I wish we could), nobody would get above a 5/10 except perhaps Dunk.

If he'd been here all season Kayal would be a shoo-in for player of the season

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Straight off the top of my head - Petterson, Packham, Blayney, Smith, Gonzalez.
And that's without trying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here