Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Yep. There was a quite painful sense of deja vu about two of their goals yesterday, compared to others in recent games. Standing off an opposition striker in the penalty area, allowing him to turn and aim a shot into the bottom corner is defensively unforgivable, and that's at least three times it's happened lately. FFS, Dunk & Co. You really should have worked this one out by now.

Spot on, almost as if you'd heard my rants yesterday! Becoming far too common an occurrence.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Yep. There was a quite painful sense of deja vu about two of their goals yesterday, compared to others in recent games. Standing off an opposition striker in the penalty area, allowing him to turn and aim a shot into the bottom corner is defensively unforgiveable, and that's at least three times it's happened lately. FFS, Dunk & Co. You really should have worked this one out by now.

It wasn't just the defence, Baldock was horribly at fault for the first goal

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That is a very harsh comment.
The 1st was a deflection off a shot that was going 3 yards wide and the 2nd and 3rd were two appalling defensive errors by Dunk and Ince, I think, who allowed the scorers to control the ball in our box, with their backs to goal, turn and shoot to score.
The similar thing happened for Arsenal's 1st against us, Dunk gave Walcott too much space. Our defenders are not close enough to the attackers, we stand off them too much.

So critising Stockdale for any of yesterdays three goals is unbelievable.

Spot on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
HAILSHAM SEAGULL;6825539 So critising Stockdale for any of yesterdays three goals is unbelievable.[/QUOTE said:
Not DS fault at all for any of the goals but questions must be asked of Dunk., but he is allowed a poor game once in a while.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep. There was a quite painful sense of deja vu about two of their goals yesterday, compared to others in recent games. Standing off an opposition striker in the penalty area, allowing him to turn and aim a shot into the bottom corner is defensively unforgiveable, and that's at least three times it's happened lately. FFS, Dunk & Co. You really should have worked this one out by now.

Agreed. Very strongly suspect this type of error is precisely why Dunk didn't go in the window (add in unnecessary penalties and a red cards to complete the dossier). He makes too many basic mistakes to survive in the PL and any watching scout will have seen that.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Agreed. Very strongly suspect this type of error is precisely why Dunk didn't go in the window (add in unnecessary penalties and a red cards to complete the dossier). He makes too many basic mistakes to survive in the PL and any watching scout will have seen that.

There's a quote I read not that long ago from a scout watching Dunk- by odd coincidence it was from Ewen Chester, I think, who's just joined the Albion's scouting operation- who said he thought Dunk was too one-footed to be a top level defender.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There's a quote I read not that long ago from a scout watching Dunk- by odd coincidence it was from Ewen Chester, I think, who's just joined the Albion's scouting operation- who said he thought Dunk was too one-footed to be a top level defender.

I posted similar a couple of weeks ago. A scout friebd if mine said he is too one footed and slow of thought for the Premier, but I was slated as usual being anti Brighton players.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I posted similar a couple of weeks ago. A scout friebd if mine said he is too one footed and slow of thought for the Premier, but I was slated as usual.

You did a bit of scouting in your time, I believe, Great One. Tell me: how many players you recommended made it as professional footballers? Genuine question.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You did a bit of scouting in your time, I believe, Great One. Tell me: how many players you recommended made it as professional footballers? Genuine question.

The most notable was Trevor Stevens who I recomended to Alan Mullery but our chief scout said no. He went on to play for England Everton Rangers Monaco so dud quite well. I watched him as a 15 year old playing for Burnley res. I dont have my records still but there was a centre back played for Cambridge Non league who Barry Lloyd sent me to watch in a cup tie McPhaill who I said was no better than we had so we didnt chase him. He eventually went to Mansfield and there was also a centre back playing for Farnborough, cant remember his name, possibly Knight who I said to Peter Taylor no2 about. He left as our manager and went to Gillingham and signed the player who played against us at Withdean for Gillingham in either a JPT or League Cup tie.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Haha. You absolute tool. It kills you to give the bloke any credit, doesn't it? Poorly hit. FFS.

You maintain you have played as a goal keeper at a reasonable level so based on that should appreciate that if a penalty is well hit with direction a keeper will not get near to it. The ball will travel quicker than he can move down. I have saId many times it was a good save at a crucial time and probably earned us the 3 points but I am sure Caddis and Rowlett would agree it wasnt the best hit penalty.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You maintain you have played as a goal keeper at a reasonable level so based on that should appreciate that if a penalty is well hit with direction a keeper will not get near to it. The ball will travel quicker than he can move down. I have saId many times it was a good save at a crucial time and probably earned us the 3 points but I am sure Caddis and Rowlett would agree it wasnt the best hit penalty.

There was nothing wrong with Caddis' penalty. It was pretty well struck, and kept low, where it's hard to get down. That same penalty would have gone in 4 times out of 5. Stockdale didn't have time to watch it then 'get near it'. He was already moving that way having guessed right. It was a terrific save. Absolutely top drawer.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

Strong hand. Well done Stockers! Game changer.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
There was nothing wrong with Caddis' penalty. It was pretty well struck, and kept low, where it's hard to get down. That same penalty would have gone in 4 times out of 5. Stockdale didn't have time to watch it then 'get near it'. He was already moving that way having guessed right. It was a terrific save. Absolutely top drawer n

Looked an even better save on the video. Better angle than I had.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As [MENTION=28372]Tarpon[/MENTION] and others have said, the key to the save was DS' strong hand.

The ball was hit hard enough, it was no Harley 'effort'.
Getting a hand to the ball was only half the job, DS still needed to keep the ball out.

It's an amazing testament to versatility of NSC that Brighton fans have to defend their match winning goalkeeper from other Brighton fans.

Mind numbing truly mind numbing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There was nothing wrong with Caddis' penalty. It was pretty well struck, and kept low, where it's hard to get down. That same penalty would have gone in 4 times out of 5. Stockdale didn't have time to watch it then 'get near it'. He was already moving that way having guessed right. It was a terrific save. Absolutely top drawer.

As you say GUESSED right. What is being said is had he hit it harder it would have beaten DS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here