Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale poor again

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Preston keeper dealt with similar situation second half and headed the ball away your talking shite mate that was school boy stuff from Stockdale and he probably would be the first to admit it. He got caught in two minds when he worked out he couldn't catch the ball.

The Preston keeper picked up a back pass yesterday and the referee let him get away with it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The Preston keeper dealt with similar situation second half and headed the ball away your talking shite mate that was school boy stuff from Stockdale and he probably would be the first to admit it. He got caught in two minds when he worked out he couldn't catch the ball.

Just because his view differs from yours doesn't mean he is talking shite.....okay have it your way...you are talking shite

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It's well known I wasn't a fan of Stockdale when he first arrived, or times at the start of last season. But I've changed my mind, not to the extent that I think he's best in the league etc, but he's a good enough goalkeeper for where we want to be in the league. Part of that is his distribution, he made a mistake yesterday but I hope it doesn't dissuade him from trying the same thing again if required. Bruno felt comfortable playing that ball knowing 9/10, Stockdale takes it down on his chest and plays a long pass toward Murray. No problem. Yesterday was the 1/10, get off his back.

What's your view on Baldock ? I think you were previously unimpressed (as to be fair so was I). Thought he had an excellent game yesterday and not just the goal. He brought something different in attack with his pace.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Complete drivel. Another of the anti Stockdale brigade come along and join in the abuse. Pathetic.
Drivel because you believe our players can do no wrong? get a life mate it was a enormous combined blunder by Bruno and Stockdale which cost us the game. Not an agenda or anti anyone just facts which many seem to have a hard time dealing with.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Drivel because you believe our players can do no wrong? get a life mate it was a enormous combined blunder by Bruno and Stockdale which cost us the game. Not an agenda or anti anyone just facts which many seem to have a hard time dealing with.

The 'facts' are your opinion which is valid, but doesn't make it fact. Where did Finchley say our players can do no wrong? Poor debating to accuse someone of over stating their opinion to try and make yours appear better.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I can't believe this. You actually think that was a regulation save. Clearly showing your bias. There's no point in debating with you.

If you think a shot from 30/35 yards with no deflection that the keeper can see all the way is a quality save then there is clearly no point in debating with you either.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What's your view on Baldock ? I think you were previously unimpressed (as to be fair so was I). Thought he had an excellent game yesterday and not just the goal. He brought something different in attack with his pace.
He's the reason we didn't go up last season, he just isn't good enough but he is contributing to the team at the moment so I am softening. What's ironic is that I've never seen him score a goal, the few he has scored at the Amex have been in the few games I miss there. I missed yesterday, and he scored. Obviously, you'd back anyone to score it but he wasn't even in those positions last season, so it's an improvement but I don't think he's good enough longer term. Murray's quality is probably helping him, the goal against Wednesday was rare class but from time to time he actually can put one away.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

So perhaps you can explain why the thread title is 'Stockdale poor again' and not 'Stockdale/Bruno poor again'?

The 'facts' are your opinion which is valid, but doesn't make it fact. Where did Finchley say our players can do no wrong? Poor debating to accuse someone of over stating their opinion to try and make yours appear better.

:thumbsup:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
He's the reason we didn't go up last season, he just isn't good enough but he is contributing to the team at the moment so I am softening. What's ironic is that I've never seen him score a goal, the few he has scored at the Amex have been in the few games I miss there. I missed yesterday, and he scored. Obviously, you'd back anyone to score it but he wasn't even in those positions last season, so it's an improvement but I don't think he's good enough longer term. Murray's quality is probably helping him, the goal against Wednesday was rare class but from time to time he actually can put one away.

I think that's called damning with faint praise:)
I take your points about last season though as he didn't score enough goals. It was
one of many reasons we didn't go up. I just think there are signs this season that he can grow into the player we would like him to be. It can happen that players take a while to step up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Must admit I thought the kick would have been from where Bruno kicked but after reading FIFA Rule 12 I am wrong as it would be where the offense occurred so from where Stockdale caught it, if he did, but none the less still an indrect free kick which would be better than a goal.

In a split second decision, I don't think any keeper in the football league would have thought that a convenient option. In fact I don't know if I've ever seen a keeper deliberately concede a free kick from a back pass - I'm sure it's happened but extremely rare - they're trained to deal with situations like that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
In a split second decision, I don't think any keeper in the football league would have thought that a convenient option. In fact I don't know if I've ever seen a keeper deliberately concede a free kick from a back pass - I'm sure it's happened but extremely rare - they're trained to deal with situations like that.

:thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

It is quite easy fpr us to look at it after the event and speak with hindsight.but you are probably correct.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
He'll cost us dearly this season. Can save it when it's blasted at him. Can't catch crosses and his punching is shocking. Any shots to his left/right and he's rooted like a weed. Division 1 keeper at best.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He'll cost us dearly this season. Can save it when it's blasted at him. Can't catch crosses and his punching is shocking. Any shots to his left/right and he's rooted like a weed. Division 1 keeper at best.

Think that is a bit harsh and niot a true assesment. My bigger concern is the performance allr iound yesterday of Bruno and wonder if years are catching up with him so when will Rosenior be available to play right back if needed.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Think that is a bit harsh and niot a true assesment. My bigger concern is the performance allr iound yesterday of Bruno and wonder if years are catching up with him so when will Rosenior be available to play right back if needed.

In the first half only I would suggest. Played well in the second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the first half only I would suggest. Played well in the second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldnt go as far as to say played well but improved drastically. But can we afford only 45 mins good play.

Incidentally 2 PNE players were apparently on the train going home rather than team coach and said we would be top 4, our best player is Duffy, Bruno oozes class but at fault for the goal and Knockhaert is too keen on going to ground so doesnt get the kicks he should..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here