Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I disagree.

With the Premier League riches burning a hole in our pocket, could we get a keeper of equal or better ability? Unquestionably, yes.

Football, and more specifically, my football club is a lot more than 90 minutes of sport every now and again. David Stockdale's engagement in all aspects of the football club set him apart from the majority of players, and is the sort of person I want to be representing the club.

The Albion, or my view of it, will be a poorer place for not having David Stockdale involved.

Not sure what you're disagreeing with........I agree with everything you've written but it doesn't contradict what I've said [emoji23][emoji23]

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I really like stocko and would like him to stay but he is letting himself down with this tweeting, as are certain Albion fans.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For team Stockdale ($$$$) to be mouthy at this early stage of any negotiations, gives it a finality, that he's off.

By no means the end of the footballing world for us. I'm sure the club would have been scouting top level goalies for a long time, for this very eventuality. And we have the budget to get one of those targets.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Stockdale turned down new contract.

What, another one? Geez, he only (allegedly) turned one down yesterday. How many contracts does a PL GK need, ffs?

Alfie87

Aug 20, 2010
I think it's a good thing. I think he'd be too week in the prem. Lovely bloke but not good enough shot stopper, handling or dominating his box. Next year he'd have far more to deal with than this year

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Loving this 'Gotta do what's best for his family' euphemism that's cropping up everywhere in football nowadays.

Think him and his family were already more than secure and set up for life quite a while ago.
Yes. probably very true. I mean, half a million a year (aka £10K a week) is likely to get you off to a pretty decent financial start in your 20s or early 30s, wouldn't you say?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not believe that this or similar threads are doing any good in persuading him and his family that he should sign a new contract with us so I have decide to not post any more on the subject and allow things to take their course until we have a definite answer one way or the other.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I do not believe that this or similar threads are doing any good in persuading him and his family that he should sign a new contract with us so I have decide to not post any more on the subject and allow things to take their course until we have a definite answer one way or the other.

Quite right.......his agent has been persistently asking him 'what does @BG on NSC think?' before giving him advice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here